Sub37 and Live Clip Envelope Problems

Everything Sub.
Kclarkmusic

Sub37 and Live Clip Envelope Problems

Post by Kclarkmusic » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello all,

Ive got a Sub37 with the latest firmware update hooked up to my computer of USB. I'm working on a live set that will need to utilize Clip Envelopes to automate changes to the patch in real time.

The Sub37 is receiving PGM Change messages fine (although I really wish it followed the same numbering scheme as it does on the unit (16 banks of 16. Now I have to do some math to figure out that Bank 10 Patch 4 is actually Bank 2 / Patch 20. Anyway...)

The problem I ran into was trying to modulate individual parameters via Clip Envelopes and thats when I noticed the strange behavior.

So my thought is that, a default clip does not output any MIDI CC data until you edit a value in the Clip Envelope, at which point the incoming value from Live should take control of the parameter on the Sub37.

For instance, Filter EG Amt is bipolar, so a value of 64 should be 0 with <64 being increasing negative amounts and >64 being increasing positive amounts. It was at this point that I noticed the Sub37 not responding as expected.

I was cross referencing the MIDI Implementation chart and was sending on the appropriate channels. However I did notice that some of the parameters I was trying to access had both LSB and MSB listings. I assumed Live is outputting the LSB values of 0-127.

Has anyone else experienced any strange behavior here? Is anyone else able to give this scenario a test to see if it can be replicating?

Also, MOOG Music, how about a VST editor for the Sub37????? Please and thank you.

Cheers,
Kendall