Sub 37: No sound with panel selected?

Everything Sub.
sightsofsounds

Sub 37: No sound with panel selected?

Post by sightsofsounds » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the Moog world, and to synthesizers generally. I've been playing around with software synths in Logic for a little while, getting my feet wet, and I just picked up my first hardware synth - a gorgeous Sub 37! :mrgreen:

That said, I just got it yesterday, and I've been having all kind of fun playing with the presets, but for some reason I can't get sound out of it when panel is selected. I'm a newbie, and could be missing something very obvious, but so far a solution has eluded me. I've tried resetting it, and making sure local controls are on (they are). I have both oscillators on, and turned up in the mixer. The master volume is up, but no sound at all (I've tried both the headphone jack and audio out into an interface/speakers). I've tried playing with the mods and envelops too, but no sound. I can select a preset, and instantly get sound, but nothing with panel selected.

What could I be missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

fwilleke

Re: Sub 37: No sound with panel selected?

Post by fwilleke » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:51 am

Hard to tell without seeing the panel. Since the presets work, the synth seems to function, so it has to be some kind of user error.

Off the top of my head:

- Filter completely closed?
- Amp EG Sustain turned to 0, and Attack/Decay very short?
- Mute button active?
- Sequencer or Arpeggiator active & Sync button active while not receiving any external clock signal?
- Amp EG with veeeery long Attack, so the sound never actually starts?

Also try to press & hold the Panel/Init button to initialize the patch while in Panel mode. Still no sound?

Cheers,
Frank
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

sightsofsounds

Re: Sub 37: No sound with panel selected?

Post by sightsofsounds » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:59 am

Yep, user error - I simply needed to hold down the initialize button.

Thank you Frank :)