Moog expression pedal as mod wheel on Sub Phatty

Everything Phatty.
Animalbeats

Moog expression pedal as mod wheel on Sub Phatty

Post by Animalbeats » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi

Can you use the moog expression pedal as the mod wheel?

I know it's not a marked option.

EMwhite

Re: Moog expression pedal as mod wheel on Sub Phatty

Post by EMwhite » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Not exactly.

Surely you can apply voltage via expression pedal to the Filter but it will merely open and close the filter based on your foot action; it won't be attenuation of the LFO or other sources.

If you have any modular gear, you can have an external LFO into a VCA and use the expression pedal, given the proper cabling, to apply some amount (down to zero on the heel position) of the LFO into either the Vol CV, Filter CV, or in the case of vibrate, the pitch CV.

I haven't kept up to speed on the latest firmware features of the Sub; there is possibly a way to do CV mapping (in the same way that the Minitaur does) have one of the 1/4" inputs work the virtual mod wheel instead?

But I have to mention the greatness of the MP-201 though. It provides exactly what you want, albeit via a $400-$600 no-longer-available expression pedal on steroids as it has envelopes (including a delay or hold stage ahead of ADSR), LFOs, you name it x 4.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

bichuelo

Re: Moog expression pedal as mod wheel on Sub Phatty

Post by bichuelo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:07 pm

EMwhite wrote: I haven't kept up to speed on the latest firmware features of the Sub; there is possibly a way to do CV mapping (in the same way that the Minitaur does) have one of the 1/4" inputs work the virtual mod wheel instead?
I understand this is possible. Lets hope that the next firmware is able to do it!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra