Tweaking torture

Everything Phatty.
bernard

Tweaking torture

Post by bernard » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:32 am

Dear Amos,

I really love and spending time in twiddling around thru all the sound possibilities of the Sub37. Thanks for such a great instrument. I also love playing around melodies by melodies, because its pretty impressive and so funny. I hardly can wait to install the new update too.

But there are two basically important things which slow down the continuous flow of sound creating:
A) Choosing a new name when saving a sound and
B) not seeing the stored and the actual value of a parameter which is edited.

@A
Finding letters with the Tune Pot is a real torture.
I can imagine working that way:
When saving a preset and giving it a name, holding *some* button, the keyboard becomes an alphanumeric one: c1-#c3 become a-z, d3-bB3 become 0-9, just because these are the important ones. Pressing the same key twice toggles between upper and lower case.

@B
Editing an existing preset is often like fishing in muddy waters.
My idea:
As soon as you press a button or move a pot the display will switch to show its parameter name and two (!) values: maybe on the left side in brackets the value that is stored in the current preset. On the right side instead - perhaps some bigger - it shows the actual value of this knob or button. So one can see immediately which direction to turn the knob to its original value.
For the modulation buttons and knobs the display perhaps may show the routing parameters of the associated modulation path also, if there is room.
After twiddling, with a delay, the display switches back to the screen before. Would be nice if the delay can be set in the main menu by the user.

Please Amos, keep it in mind for the future updates. Every new feature is great of course, but if the flow is interrupted, discomfort starts growing. Thanks again for your great efforts.

Cheers,
Bernard