Sound effect possible with Sub37?

Everything Sub.
Toine

Sound effect possible with Sub37?

Post by Toine » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:22 am

Jean Michel Jarre uses sometimes (album Oxygene and Equinoxe) sound fx with a gradually decaying pitch (starting at high pitch and ending at low pitch). The sound is not continuous but sounds like different notes are played rapidly after each other. I saw/heard this kind of fx played on a voyager once and it was just a single keystroke.

Is this kind of sound fx possible on a sub 37?

ChiLam

Re: Sound effect possible with Sub37?

Post by ChiLam » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:54 pm

I have no idea of the sound that you speak of, maybe you could post a clip of it?

I would imagine something similar should be possible though, so long as it is a monophonic/duophonic sound.

Making the pitch modulate slowly from high to low is certainly attainable as is a sequence of rapid notes/pulses.

Could try setting LFO1 very slow with a (-)ramp/triangle to modulate the Pitch of the OSCs whilst LFO2 could be set to a fast speed using a square/S&H to modulate AMP ENV?

This is just one possible route of many to achieve a slow, high to low pitch sweep, with a fast pulsing/gated effect.

Toine

Post by Toine » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:55 am

ChiLam wrote:Could try setting LFO1 very slow with a (-)ramp/triangle to modulate the Pitch of the OSCs whilst LFO2 could be set to a fast speed using a square/S&H to modulate AMP ENV?

This is just one possible route of many to achieve a slow, high to low pitch sweep, with a fast pulsing/gated effect.
Thank you, that did the job!

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:03 am

Toine wrote:
ChiLam wrote:Could try setting LFO1 very slow with a (-)ramp/triangle to modulate the Pitch of the OSCs whilst LFO2 could be set to a fast speed using a square/S&H to modulate AMP ENV?

Thank you, that did the job!
Wow, that was lucky - glad it helped! :D

If your looking to get very slow sweeping from LFO1 I found that syncing it's speed to the ARP rate and then slowing the ARP rate down to its lowest point and adjusting the ARP clock division setting in the preset menu to its lowest setting of 4 bars gave a very long LFO sweep time indeed!! I wonder if this is the slowest that can be achieved though?