Note off command

Everything Phatty.
Schlabadiwutz

Note off command

Post by Schlabadiwutz » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:27 am

Hi all, my sub phatty seems not to receive a midi note off command from my DAW (Logic X). Where can I set that up on the sub phatty? Unfortunately I could not find any help in the user´s manual.

_DemonDan_

Re: Note off command

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:36 am

Hmmm...

It'd be interesting to see what kind of Note Off the DAW is sending.

There are two types:

a real MIDI Note Off

and

a NOTE On with a Velocity of Zero.

(For those who geek on these things, the second type was created to take advantage of Running Status, which allows you to skip sending Status Bytes for each message as long as they're all of the same Status type.)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

EMwhite

Re: Note off command

Post by EMwhite » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Double click on the [presumed] sequence that you've recorded and sees if there are Note off commands embedded in the stream. (there may not be).

What is the original source, did you record the output from the Sub37 or is it Midi file that you grabbed somewhere and are playing?

If you bring up the ole' piano roll can you 'play' notes on the pop up keyboard and will it work properly?

(apologies for the incorrect terminology, I'm still running an old version of Logic on my Early 2008 Mac Pro. (7 years old and still cranking)
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!