Sub 37 LFO 2 Rate LED Weirdness

Everything Sub.
no_barcode

Sub 37 LFO 2 Rate LED Weirdness

Post by no_barcode » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Greetings.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed that the LFO 2 Rate LED gets "choppy" as it dims and brightens (mostly noticeable at slower rates) on the Sub 37 TE. I have no idea if all of them do this, but the one on display did it, and another one I had my hands on (manufactured 6 months before this one) apart also did it.

What is going on? It's not related to any sort of modulation routing or any other settings -- at least that I can find.

Here's a video to demonstrate (although it is somewhat hard to see the choppiness, but you can definitely see that the LFO 1 Rate LED behaves nicely and 2 is just weird):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPOvqyS8gvo

Anyone else notice this? Does this only happen when I get near them? :twisted:

no_barcode

Re: Sub 37 LFO 2 Rate LED Weirdness

Post by no_barcode » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:04 am

I posted this question on gearslutz as well and someone else confirmed that their Sub 37 was doing the same thing, then someone else chimed in with this piece of information:

"yes it's just the LED. nothing to worry about. basically ran out of full-range CV channels and decided not to 'waste' one on a simple LED, so its brightness is set by PWM instead. This can get a little steppy but only visually, nothing to do with the sonics.”

So no need to panic, I guess.

_DemonDan_

Re: Sub 37 LFO 2 Rate LED Weirdness

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:11 pm

no_barcode wrote:So no need to panic, I guess.
"...This is good news, people...(wink)"

It means that another cool full-range CV feature was able to be added to the Sub 37.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _