Sub 37 - latching / envelope release in duo mode?

Everything Sub.
aswefallintostatic

Re: Sub 37 - latching / envelope release in duo mode?

Post by aswefallintostatic » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:59 pm

djstingray wrote:Plugging a sustain pedal into the KB gate works. I always rock a sustain pedal on poly's. I also have a Moog Expression pedal I use for all my instruments, I REALLLY recommend one of those to free up your hands.
great. thanks for the tip!

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:29 am

Sustain Pedal into the KB Gate works, but the pedal needs to be the correct polarity (or it will work in reverse, sustaining notes while it is not depressed).

But it still won't create the behavior you want out of Duo Mode in the OP. I just hooked up a sustain pedal and tried, but the Sub37 does what Dan describes, where one of the OSCs will jump over to the other note when you lift your fingers off the keyboard, and the pedal will sustain that note (not both). Oh well.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi Tom (the original poster),

Just for a mental exercise, try to describe the behavior (in writing) that you'd rather have when you go from playing two keys to then only playing one key.

I think what you'll discover is that there would then be a major performance problem if a second note was always stuck on the last pitch it was playing (the last time you held two notes).

In other words: How would the Sub 37 know that you were playing one note because you wanted one note, instead of you playing one note because you wanted two notes playing with the old note still stuck on?

And then, what would the behavior be for the *stuck note* if you kept playing single notes for a while?
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _