Little Phatty Tribute OS V1.x restore files required

Everything Phatty.
nashspacerocket

Little Phatty Tribute OS V1.x restore files required

Post by nashspacerocket » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Firstly let me say i am a software developer and have been for 25 years.
A while back i bricked my LPT trying to upgrade to V2.x over midi.
I got a USB debugger and the flash softwareto run it recently and have been trying to restore it. how difficult could it be to load code and run it??
I contacted moog technical support, and the first thing they asked me was whether my LPT had had an EEPROM upgrade which it hadn't.
They told me i could go no higher than V2.21, and sent me the data and system hex files.
I was unable to execute the hex data code on the LPT.
After data written i got a 'data error factory_" message.
I tried this 10 times each time erasing the code first.
After rummaging around in the downloads section i found a README for V3.12 that said a machines without the EEPROM upgrade cannot even be upgraded to V2.x (why moog tech support would not know this is beyond me).
so i went back to support and asked for a V1 rev.
All i got back was one sysex file, not a hex file, and no instructions of what to do with it. surely a sysex file needs a working OS to be received with?
i sent them a note back saying there are no instructions what do i do??
and that was the last i heard from them a few days ago.
My lpt is partially disassembled and is currently a $1k+ doorstop (yes i know it was my fault for bricking it). as an engineer i know from the other side of the fence how difficult it is to offer support for software for every problem. but i would like to fix it sometime soon.
Does anybody have any idea what files i need to load to get my LPT working again at V1.x of the OS and instructions on how to do it (if they are not the same as the ones already supplied)??
Last edited by nashspacerocket on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stiiiiiiive

Re: Little Phatty Tribute OS V1.x

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi Nashspacerocket.

I'm sorry to read about that.
Usually, I tell people "yeah, contact Moog support...", and you had the rught idea. Now, indeed, you're stuck.

I'm even more sorry to say: the best you can do is contact them again. Hopefully, Moog techs will chime in this topic to help you out. But you may wnat to make the topic title a bit more explanatory.

Good luck :)

nashspacerocket

Re: Little Phatty Tribute OS V1.x restore files required

Post by nashspacerocket » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:54 pm

i finally got the correct 1.0.4 system file from moog support. downloaded it, copied it to the lpt, did a factory restore and my lpt is as good as new.
I am very happy i did not have to ship it.
big thanks to moog support, we got there in the end.