So Long Slim Phatty, but before you go...

Everything Phatty.
autoy

So Long Slim Phatty, but before you go...

Post by autoy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Three things:

- A love letter: THANK YOU MOOG for creating such a beautiful instrument, for allowing many of us to experience the Moog sound at a reasonable price without taking too much space. Many will agree that, despite the warm up time and the lack of knobs and all the limitations, it's one of the best sounding instruments you have ever created. It's filter, the creamy sound, beautifully grungy overload and lively oscillators will (hopefully) be part of my music for ever.

- A question: Will there be a final firmware revision? There are still some bugs like the ocasional stuttering arpeggiator. A few more arpeggiator patterns would be very welcome too. I'm happy with how the rest turned out, the menus are useful and functional. Oh, and thanks for the new Artist Presets! Looking forward to those :)

- A gift for all Moog fans: After Mac OS X Yosemite came out I made an app icon for the Slim Phatty editor so it would perfectly fit with the new style and dock. Here it is, for your enjoyment, in Mac OS X ICNS format and TIFF for everything else: http://cl.ly/YW7M

That's all, cheers.

joe_moog

Re: So Long Slim Phatty, but before you go...

Post by joe_moog » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:33 am

Awesome icon - thanks!
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:16 am

I don't have any Slim, but thank you for sharing :)

autoy

Post by autoy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks guys, really appreciated. Of course you can use it for whatever software you want :) Let's hope we can at least get a final Phatty firmware from the Moog guys.