A Jaunty Confluxion - Sub 37 Song

Everything Sub.
_DemonDan_

A Jaunty Confluxion - Sub 37 Song

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi Gang,

Here's a preset I made to show the power of playing a live solo over a prerecorded Seq (using DUO MODE) and then using two Square Wave LFOs to increase the complexity of both the sequenced and the solo parts.:

https://soundcloud.com/demondan-1/a-jau ... fluxion-df

Audio file was created directly from the Moog Sub 37’s HEADPHONES jack to the 1/8” Audio In jack on a MacBook Pro. Recording was a single take made with no processing, no edits, no overdubs. (Even the Fade In and Fade Out were made on the Sub 37’s OUTPUT VOLUME knob.)

I played a Dominant Sus 4 chord (C7 sus4), which was held by the ARP's LATCH. Then, only PITCH WHEEL and MOD WHEEL were used to achieve the various grooves. (No keys were used after the first chord.)

After a while, I set KB OCTAVE to +0, set ARPEGGIATOR PATTERN knob to SEQ and played Low C. Then I pressed the DUO MODE button and pushed MOD WHEEL up to make a simpler bass sequence.

After a minute I played a right-hand solo. The PITCH WHEEL only works on the solo. Pulling MOD WHEEL down makes for more complex bass and solo parts.
Last edited by _DemonDan_ on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

artofnois

Re: A Jaunty Confluxion - Sub 37 Song

Post by artofnois » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Interesting (Like ever).... maybe a video to see you in action will be instructive