Sub37 MOD OSC 1/2 ON command - resolved

Everything Sub.
MoogProg

Sub37 MOD OSC 1/2 ON command - resolved

Post by MoogProg » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 am

Been really enjoying the Sub37, and have spent each night exploring different possibilities, especially the various MOD routings. Last night I found what might be a bug, or it might be operator error. Help me out if you can, and thanks for listening.

Goal was to have OSC 1 turn ON in response to MOD 1, and have OSC 2 turn ON in response to MOD 2. No matter how I tried I could not get more than one audio source turing ON from a MOD source. i.e. After setting OSC 1 to turn ON/OFF from a saw wave LFO, OSC 2 would no longer respond to ON/OFF MOD command, even though it was set-up independently using MOD 2. Or, say I set NOISE to turn ON/OFF, then the OSCs would no longer repond to this command using the other MOD bus.

In other words, I can only turn one audio source ON/OFF in a preset, even though I have 2 MOD sources. Anyone confirm this? Sorry if I'm not explaining the set-up well. Happy to clarify anything if there are questions.

Have a great day!

MoogProg

Re: Sub37 MOD OSC 1/2 ON command - resolved

Post by MoogProg » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:08 am

Operator Error! This makes me happy, knowing all is OK and also that I figured things out for myself.

My issue came from the INIT patch settings, where MOD 2 includes +50% Aftertouch by default. So, in my situation, MOD2 was waiting for me to engage keyboard aftertouch before sending the control signal out to do its work. Seemed like it was doing nothing, but in fact it was behaving as designed.

Cheers!