sysex files to adjust 1volt/octave cv for slim phatty?

Everything Phatty.
Lars

sysex files to adjust 1volt/octave cv for slim phatty?

Post by Lars » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:03 pm

I found these sysex files for minitaur (on the miniatur forum)
Are there similar sysex files to adjust 1volt/octave cv for slim phatty? (As the ones posted by Amos below)
The phattys have same problem with cv being less than 1v/octave as the Minitaur. Would be wonderful if that exist.

Best, Lars
------------------
Amos wrote:

What you really want, however, is two additional sysex commands: "external pitch 1V cal" and "external pitch 4V cal". These two files actually calibrate the external pitch CV input... the idea is, you play octave 1 on your CV controller, record that as the "1V" calibration point.. then play octave 4 on your CV controller and record that as the "4V" calibration point.

In the case of your Brute, you would hook up the CV and play C1, then send the 1V calibration sysex to the Minitaur... then play C4 on the Brute and send the 4V calibration sysex to the Minitaur.

Here are the files:

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 1V_Cal.syx
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... 4V_Cal.syx

EMwhite

Re: sysex files to adjust 1volt/octave cv for slim phatty?

Post by EMwhite » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:46 pm

You should reach out to Amos directly and ask him for quickest response but I believe that this is a Minitaur feature only; Slim, as with Little was either hard wired or in the case of the Tribute, had a trim pot that could be manually adjusted.

IF you've got a real analog sequencer, you can surely tune any frequency you want regardless of scale; but if you use a quantizer, it's less work but if you synth is not 1V/Oct it's going to be noticeably off.

To sound right across a few octaves, you need a tuned starting point, and a scale that is appropriate for a given range; you may be able to adjust for this externally depending on what you are sending voltage from. The MP-201 had very precise control in it's Midi->CV converter. I do miss mine.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

autoy

Post by autoy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:12 am

I have an Arturia Microbrute+Slim Phatty and I'd love this too if it was possible.

Lars

Post by Lars » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:36 pm

autoy wrote:I have an Arturia Microbrute+Slim Phatty and I'd love this too if it was possible.
I just got this reply from Amos about the sysex patch: Thought I'd share it with you all…

Hi Lars, CV input on the Little/Slim Phatty is completely analog, so it can't be calibrated via sysex (digital measurement and scaling, there). You might contact the Moog service department, I think the real answer involves replacing a fixed resistor with a smaller resistor + variable trimmer. Or you can scale the CV outside the unit, as you may already be doing.
all the best,

Amos

--
I use the latter solution Amos suggests to fix the "almost 1v/octave problem" with a Doepfer A-183-3 module (amplifier). With pretty good results… but it is a little tricky though to get it perfect…

Best wishes,

Lars