SUB 37 how to disable outputting Volume (cc7)?

Everything Sub.
SvK

Post by SvK » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi,

I would like to stop the sub37's volume knob to output midi CC7 to my DAW.
Is this possible / in the works?

thanks in advance.

best,
SvK

Bald Eagle

Re: SUB 37 how to disable outputting Volume (cc7)?

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:26 pm

I don't believe there is a way to disable only the volume control but you can disable the entire panel, including the volume knob, by setting PANEL = OFF in the midi menu.

SvK

Post by SvK » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:43 pm

BALD Eagle,

thanks,
unfortunately I just want to disable cc7 , like on the Sub Phatty.

best,
SvK

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:55 pm

I forgot about that volume filter on the Sub P. It would be nice if there was a more granular midi filter built in to the Sub 37 but what they did was still an improvement. With all those knobs it would make it a much more versatile control surface if there were more options.

I route every thing thru a MOTU Midi Express and it cant even filter to that level. I'm finding that there are many patches where I want only a select subset of controllers to transmit externally. I'm thinking of getting a MIDI Solutions Event Processor to take care of that.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIeventP

Ksynth

Post by Ksynth » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:00 pm

SvK wrote:SUB 37 how to disable outputting Volume (cc7)?

Hi,

I would like to stop the sub37's volume knob to output midi CC7 to my DAW.
Is this possible / in the works?

thanks in advance.

best,
SvK
Does this help?

OUTPUT SECTION
VOLUME This knob is the main volume control for the AUDIO OUT jack on the left side of the Sub 37. Rotating the control fully clockwise produces the maximum output. Rotating the control fully counterclockwise silences the Sub 37. A volume setting can be stored with each preset. The PRESET VOLUME parameter is located in the PRESET EDIT menu. Learn more about this on page 40. If it is set to OFF the volume remains at whatever value the knob is left at regardless of which preset is selected.
NOTE: The PRESET VOLUME parameter is independent of the MASTER VOLUME knob.
MUTE This button controls the audio that appears at the AUDIO OUT jack. This switch has no effect on the HEADPHONES jack. This arrangement allows you to monitor and adjust the sound of the Sub 37 using headphones, while silencing the signal at the AUDIO OUT jack. You can also use the MUTE button to turn off the output if you are using the Sub 37 as a controller and wish to control external gear without hearing the Sub 37. The output is muted when this button is illuminated.
HEADPHONES VOLUME This control balances the level of the headphones jack with the main VOLUME setting. If you change the level of the main VOLUME knob, you will hear a similar change in the headphones volume.
HEADPHONES The HEADPHONE jack is a 1/4” TRS headphone output for use with standard headphones. Although it will drive both sides of the headphones it is still a monaural signal as it is identical on both sides.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Another way to approach this is on the DAW side: Ableton Live for example, has a MIDI filter plugin that would allow you to filter out CC#4.