Sub Phatty firmware update issue

Everything Sub.
jon79

Sub Phatty firmware update issue

Post by jon79 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 am

Hey guys, recently purchased this awesome little unit but like many of you, I'm having major issues with updating the firmware. Trawled through all the related threads and I'm still absolutely clueless as to what I'm not doing correctly.
I'm on a MBP running 10.9.3.
Following the directions to the letter I'm sure of it. Every time I've tried to install the bootloader update, I've not been getting the midi LED flashing throughout its upload. It does however, flash according to directions when I then proceed to the following SubPhatty_v279_2_0_1.syx.

As a result of this highly unlikely successful update, I 1. Can't see any editor in Logic and 2. am getting hanging notes when recording in.

I know there is another long thread regarding these issues but I could not get any result so any help at the point will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!

Jonny

jon79

Re: Sub Phatty firmware update issue

Post by jon79 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Anyone?!?

Meneer Vincent

Post by Meneer Vincent » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Jon,

I had a sort of same issue and got the answer from support that when only the midi led blinks its ready to recieve the firmware update. So only loading the firmware should be enough.
I suggest you contact Support about it.
For the rest I think everybody from this forum is on vacation so it seems :roll:

Also waiting for a answer myself....

jon79

Post by jon79 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanx for the reply dude. Have contacted support and they have assisted me but the issue remains. My editor doesn't talk to the hardware so the firmware must not have uploaded correctly. Maybe I'll download the firmware and reinstall again.