Firmware Update froze my SubPhatty (MIDI light solid now)

Everything Phatty.
werdmai

Firmware Update froze my SubPhatty (MIDI light solid now)

Post by werdmai » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:11 am

Hi All,

Just purchased a used Sub Phatty today. It was a fairly early serial so I needed to update the firmware. I followed the instructions and got the blinking lights. It seemed like an excessive amount but I waited a long while. It appeared to have failed so per the instructions I restarted the SP and retried. This too failed. Upon restart the MIDI light is now solidly lit and nothing is responding.

I was directly connected to the machine per the instructions and it was continually powered.

Yes there was another thread for this but it was old and someone said they had to get an RMA. Please tell me there is a key combo to unlock and start again.

Thanks,
Drew

Bald Eagle

Re: Firmware Update froze my SubPhatty (MIDI light solid now

Post by Bald Eagle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Give an email to the support group. They are pretty responsive. You may have a hardware issue, or you killed the firmware. A factory reset often helps.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:21 pm

PS ... I have had limited success updating with USB Midi. I usually have to use MIDI DIN.

werdmai

Post by werdmai » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks Mate! Gives me a little hope that this can be resolved without shipping :)
Trying the MIDI DIN now. Still seems fairly non-responsive.

Is there a post how to do a factory reset? No key combo I've tried whilst powering on seems to work.

werdmai

Post by werdmai » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Just got an RMA.

While I am really really bummed that I need to send it back so quickly after purchase :x - Moog still wins for being super helpful.

(my sub 37 will not have any problems, my sub 37 will not have any problems, my sub 37 will not have any problems)