Slim Phatty External Audio Issue

Everything Phatty.
The Mule

Slim Phatty External Audio Issue

Post by The Mule » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:13 pm

I've searched around for answers to this problem, but haven't found any answers that have been completely helpful... I'm trying to run audio from a Korg Polysix through my Slim Phatty's Audio In. The Polysix doesn't have MIDI capability, so in order to get the gate to open, I have to push a key on my MIDI keyboard controller. However, when I push the key, the Polysix's audio is fed through, but after a few moments it begins to fade out. In order to continue hearing it, I have to press the key on the MIDI controller again and keep retriggering it, which is just not practical if I'm trying to actually play the Polysix. Also, the sound of the Polysix distorts very easily, especially when playing more than one note at a time. I've turned the volume on the Polysix down, as I know there isn't a volume/gain control for the Audio In on the SP... Also, I have tried using a dummy cable to the KB Gate input on the SP. Still the same thing happens.

Can anyone offer any suggestions that might help me get this working?

unfoog

Re: Slim Phatty External Audio Issue

Post by unfoog » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:52 pm

I don´t know exactly. Just tried a few times but was successful after trial and error sessions.
Use the filter envelope (sustain, release) to keep it open.

osc 1+2 volume to zero, only Resonance and filter opened fully.
the distortion may result from the SP´s overload...

The Mule

Post by The Mule » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Thanks! Was able to get it working fairly well after a lot of noodling around. Still not quite sure why it worked when it did, but didn't work at other times...

Sava66

Post by Sava66 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Stick a 1/4" dummy plug into the keyboard gate Input