I thought I had screwd up my Sub Phatty...

Everything Sub.
lingonsynth

I thought I had screwd up my Sub Phatty...

Post by lingonsynth » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:20 am

Hi,

I just updated to the new firmware and now it is "spinning out of control"...the octave lights is running some fast running light feature and it plays random (or possible some scale?) notes. I switched it off but it is stuck in the same state when switched on again.

When I first ran the update nothing happened. I then turned it off and when switched on again the only light flashing was the LFO Rate light. And......hmm......as I'm writing this, it suddenly stopped blinking and now it is working perfectly??! Oh...such a relief!!! But what the heck happened??? Some calibration going on? Didn't see that one coming...

Well, all systems go, again! I'll post this anyway, if anyone else has the same experience.

/petter

obrienmedia

Re: I thought I had screwd up my Sub Phatty...

Post by obrienmedia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:39 pm

What you saw was most likely a note calibration route that starts automatically after the update. It's automatic and takes around 5 minutes, tuning notes from lowest to highest. Sounds like you're A-OK now --Patrick

breun

Re: I thought I had screwd up my Sub Phatty...

Post by breun » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:45 am

Sounds like the calibration, yeah. It's mentioned in the documentation that comes with the update, right?