Sub Phatty Sub 37 oscillators

Everything Sub.
kingfriday

Sub Phatty Sub 37 oscillators

Post by kingfriday » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:16 pm

I think this has been discussed in another thread but I wanted to bring it up, as the Sub 37 hasn't been released yet.

I love these synths, don't get me wrong. They are huge sounding and unique synths. I certainly don't want to come off as if I'm griping about anything that is inherently "part of the synth" but I can't get over the hard switch in the variable oscillators on the Sub. I don't really see what purpose it serves or any benefit sonically. On my LP I was able to smoothly transition from Saw to Square to PW modulated Square. Now on the Sub there's a definite point in the oscs when transitioning from Saw to Square. I have listened to demos of other Subs and some seem to exhibit this characteristic more than others. Some don't seem to have it at all. Again, not a deal breaker by any means, but if it can be smoothed out, it should imo.

I would like to ask, beg, plead on my hands an knees for Moog to fix this on the Sub 37, future iterations of the Sub Phatty, if possible. The best thing about the continuously variable oscs (smooth mixing between waves) is lost with this weird on/off point between Saw and Square.
Last edited by kingfriday on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingfriday

Re: Sub Phatty Sub 37 oscillators

Post by kingfriday » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Another thing I noticed on the Sub is that the wave knob on each osc won't take the osc to 99% (or 1%) duty cycle on the Pulse wave. You can get it to sweep further with modulation, but it won't go there on its own. Could this be fixed through software/firmware>

mmarsh100

Re: Sub Phatty Sub 37 oscillators

Post by mmarsh100 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:02 pm

Doesn't bother me in the least, I have to say. I even dial it in and use it as yet another timbre :)

*edited for my usual bad spelling*