Sub Phatty Firmware update?

Everything Sub.
Asymetrical

Sub Phatty Firmware update?

Post by Asymetrical » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:33 pm

I haven't done it but I thinking I'm gonna do it.

Anyone have any advice on weather or not to update the sub phatty's firmware?

till

Re: Sub Phatty Firmware update?

Post by till » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 am

I recommend doing so, unless you read here in the forum about knew discovered new bugs.

But I recommend doing so only if you are experienced to do such MIDI sysex sending. So many users don't know the needed settings in their software to send the data to the instruments. There are hundreds of postings about this here on the Moog Music Forum.

Use MIDI OX (Win) or Sysex Librarian (Mac). Connect the Instrument always straight to the computer with no USB hub in between.

And it is always to a good habit to do a full back-up of all your sounds before upgrading. And be sure to read the Read-Me.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

breun

Post by breun » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:17 pm

till wrote:But I recommend doing so only if you are experienced to do such MIDI sysex sending. So many users don't know the needed settings in their software to send the data to the instruments.
What kind of settings would one need to know about? The instructions that came with the firmware update explained every step very well, I didn't feel there was I anything I needed to know, just follow those instructions to the letter and you should be fine.

till

Post by till » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:17 am

breun wrote:
till wrote:But I recommend doing so only if you are experienced to do such MIDI sysex sending. So many users don't know the needed settings in their software to send the data to the instruments.
What kind of settings would one need to know about? The instructions that came with the firmware update explained every step very well, I didn't feel there was I anything I needed to know, just follow those instructions to the letter and you should be fine.
Some people that use MIDI OX use settings that are not doing well. And some DAW may block MIDI sysex data or merge them with MIDI clicks which some synth don't like while receiving sysex data. So many times people failed to do an update just because of this. Or a bad USB hub.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

breun

Post by breun » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:33 am

till wrote:Some people that use MIDI OX use settings that are not doing well. And some DAW may block MIDI sysex data or merge them with MIDI clicks which some synth don't like while receiving sysex data. So many times people failed to do an update just because of this. Or a bad USB hub.
The firmware update instructions tell you to not use a USB hub and to use the C6 Sysex Tool software (which is even included in the download). If you wanna be smarter than the official instructions, go ahead, but I recommend just following them. :)