Introduction to Sysex - need help with Little Phatty

Everything Phatty.
sam.skirrow

Introduction to Sysex - need help with Little Phatty

Post by sam.skirrow » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi There,
I am VERY new to Sysex and I'd like a little help getting to grips with it. My aim in all of this is to be able to do patch and settings changes on the LP with just the touch of a button on a MIDI controller. For example, I have a song where the verse is patch 32 with arpeggiator off, then chorus is patch 33 with the arpeggiator on AND the mod wheel fully up.

The issue doing this live is that it's a lot to press in a short space of time, so I'd like to send a sysex message to the LP that implements all the changes I need.

I have downloaded an ipad app that is capable of sending sysex (called MIDI touch) - you can create your own custom layouts and assign each button to a command. My ipad is connected up via MIDI to the moog. Now all I need to know is how to write sysex messages.

Any help on this would be amazing. The first stepping stone would be knowing how to change patch via sysex, then I can worry about turning on and off the arp and then finally the mod wheel.

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Stuka

Re: Introduction to Sysex - need help with Little Phatty

Post by Stuka » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:44 am

Check my comments in your other post -
Given the MIDI capabilites of the LP, it would be MUCH easier to use an app that sends MIDI CC messages, IMHO...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...