HOW TO SETUP ANIMOOG - SUB PHATTY TO IMAC

Everything Sub.
FROSTA

HOW TO SETUP ANIMOOG - SUB PHATTY TO IMAC

Post by FROSTA » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 am

Can somebody explain how to link animoog to my sp to my imac. I'm running animoog on a ipad air so it is a lightning connector instead of the usual apple charger input (same as iPhone 5). Another question I have is can the two merge to make one sound to use within my DAW (studio one). Or will I just be able to control animoog with the sp and vice versa? Would be very interesting if it was possible to have animoog as a 3rd oscillator over the top of the two from sp then have that sound as one wav in a daw. Thanks in advance for any help :-)

dhocks76

Re: HOW TO SETUP ANIMOOG - SUB PHATTY TO IMAC

Post by dhocks76 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 am

they are completely two separate things..

If you would have an IconnectMIDI-2 or something similar you can use the midi out from the SubP. to trigger Animoog (or vice-versa)
Then if you would have a (analog) mixer you could send the mix of those two to the input of your DAW. However, this seems overly complex and I don't think this is what you want. Better to record them separate and and mix in the box.

FROSTA

Post by FROSTA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Ok that makes sense. I watched a video on youtube a while back and this guy had his ipad wired to his lp via an irig or camera kit. But he was under the impression (or I misunderstood) that the two linked together could merge and play as one 3 oscillator synth, I couldn't see how It was possible myself. Thanks for the help and clearing that up :-)

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Actually, you could feed the audio from the iOS device into the "Audio In" of the Sub.
The signal would be in mono, but it would still work...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...