Sub 37 Feature Request....

Everything Sub.
stiiiiiiive

Re: Sub 37 Feature Request....

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:46 am

You're not indeed ;)
There is a trick on the Little Phatty; I guess the Sub37 will have it too.

Carey M

Post by Carey M » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:57 am

It'd be nice if the digital stuff wouldn't bleed noise into the analogue path, like, at all.
Akai Miniak, Moog Sub 37 on pre-order, Roland Jupiter-4, Roland SH-101, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, iPad, NI Komplete

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Do you think we'll be able to set a mode where we can switch to a MIDI powered duophony?

In other words… do you think i'll be able to hit a button or two and start playing my Taurus 3 with the Sub 37 keys in place of the 2nd VCO with my left hand and keep playing a dual osc Sub37 lead/melody with my right?

I'm pretty sure i've heard of similar things being done with the Voyager etc? But i'm not sure as the T3 is all I have right now..

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 am

That is not duophony. I guess you're talking about having one synth with high note priority and the other one with low note priority, which is why the Voyager or other synths can already achieve it.

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm

No, not it's not.. I guess I meant it in the context of going through the same motions to switch to duo mode though which is why I said it.. my bad, I shouldn't be mis-using these terms when what to call the thing was so hotly contested by some people in the first place. :roll:

So it's just High and Low note priority ay?
So, presumably, you just have the other synth set to broadcast MIDI on "X" channel and make "Channel X" the input channel for your "slave" synth… If your high/master synth is already playing a note it would just ignore any others according to how it's setup just like my T3 that makes sense.. but in that case, how do you stop both synths being triggered if you just hit one note on your "master synth"?

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:17 pm

While we're on the subject… being able to sequence the T3 (or any synth for that matter) with the S37's 16 "xox style" buttons would be quite cool.. especially if they implement swing on the S37.. (if they do i'm really hoping this is something they can put in the advanced preset settings of the T3's arp.. and I believe the LP has an arp also that would benefit from swing i'm sure).. I'm sure it'd probably be possible already just setting the synth to local control only in case of the arp.. but a more thorough implementation would be a nice touch.. to be able to sequence a bassline on another synth while tweaking a latched open envelope or maybe even tweaking and transposing a latched arp sequence on the S37 would be great… but maybe getting outside the scope of the product I dunno..

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:58 pm

I think for a mono it's good to have high/low note priority but the 37 being able to play two notes should have low/mid/high priority. Being able to select which of those to send out should be available in the menu. For example I want the low note to trigger my Minitaur while the mid and high or just the high note triggers the 37.

sleepykeith

Post by sleepykeith » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Hello, my first post!

My request is simple. Ability to save the sequencer patterns is some way, preferably with the patch memory. Thank you for making the Sub37!

Solaris

Post by Solaris » Wed May 28, 2014 6:03 pm

A third note paraphony to compete a bit against the dominion 1 :oops:

egg

Post by egg » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:54 am

Glide amount as mod destination

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 am

sleepykeith wrote:My request is simple. Ability to save the sequencer patterns is some way, preferably with the patch memory.
Hi sleepykeith,

The Step Sequence in the Arpeggiator (up to 64 steps) is stored as part of the preset.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Blackout wrote:i am hoping that Moog fix the "mistake" they made with the Sub Phatty headphone volume, where the output master knob turns down the headphone volume as well. Please make these independant! this way when on stage i can hear my fiddlings in the headphones and then turn up the output master when i am ready to shine with my synth solo.

its beyond me why the Sub Phatty was wired wrongly with its output and the headphone knob being linked. I think the reviewer from Sound on Sound had a similar remark to make about this problem.
I don't understand why the MUTE button(Output Only) would not serve your need exactly. There is no need to adjust the Master Volume, MUTE to preview, un-MUTE to perform.
It seems that there is a user and reviewer misunderstanding, not a mistake by Moog.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 am

egg wrote:Glide amount as mod destination
Hi egg,

Your wish has been granted, retroactively, on the first day the Sub 37 was released:

From pg 44: PGM DESTINATIONS

GLD TIME: Glide Time
GLD TYPE: Glide Type (LCR, LCT, or EXP)
GLD LGTO: Glide Legato
GLD OSC: Glide Oscillator Assignment
GLD GATE: Glide Gated Control ON/OFF
GLD ON: Glide ON/OFF
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

bartleby

Post by bartleby » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 am

oh, i didn't know there was another s37 feature request thread. how about merging it with this one, so that all requests are bundled in one therad?

egg

Post by egg » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:57 am

Ha, AMAZING!

I think I asked for the same earlier on too when it was first announced so maybe they took heed then?
I'll be stoked if my suggestion spurred action.

Cheers moog!
(I'd feel bad about cancelling my pre order now. I'll hang on a bit longer hehe)

Edit: damn, it wasn't that long ago.