Sub 37 Feature Request....

Everything Sub.
Z-one

Re: Sub 37 Feature Request....

Post by Z-one » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:31 am

My request is quite simple:

>> Moog, please keep the natural wood sides on the standard edition!
Plastic or black stained wood it definitely NOT Moogish.

And ash wood sides on my SUB 37 wood match my Etherwave Plus...

Gitzo73

Post by Gitzo73 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 am

It would be nice to have the ability to load my Sub Phatty patches in to the Sub 37.

Gitzo73

Post by Gitzo73 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 pm

I also very much like having the extra headroom on the Sub Phatty mixer to slightly push the level up to 12. Would be nice to see this reflected on the Sub 37.

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:21 pm

If I could request one thing and one thing only it would be to "fix" the continuously variable oscillators such that they don't have that hard switch between saw and square. Don't really see any use for it and it sounds like poo when you do osc wave sweeps.

Request two would be real analog envelopes. I would give up the looping and time modes for a little more character. That's not really possible, though, since the synth engine is to remain the same.

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Belay that request, as Amos has reiterated that it is normal behavior for all new Moog oscs. I think it gets accentuated by the gain architecture and extra highs on the Sub. Interestingly, my osc 1 has it more pronounced than osc 2.

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Ok, I just thought of a feature that might actually be doable. Since it's going to have two LFOs, one (or both) could have LFO Rate as a modulation destination. All kinds of wacky fun could be cooked up with this.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:36 pm

///OSS wrote:MOOG PLEASE ADD MY Ultimate Wants!
Arp/Step to Pitch/Filter/VCA/Mod destinations in a submenu
This only fulfills some of your requests but...

Both Arp and Step already can modulate the Pitch and Filter Cutoff.

The Arp is automatically connected to Pitch, and Arp might be able to be sent to Filter Cutoff via the Filter's Key Tracking knob.

And MOD 1 & 2 (which have Step) both have dedicated depth knobs for Pitch and Filter Cutoff.

Maybe "VCA" could be one of the "PGM" destinations for MOD 1&2.

Maybe "Arp/Kybd" could be one of the "PGM" Sources for MOD 1 & 2.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

///OSS

Post by ///OSS » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:10 am

_DemonDan_ wrote:
///OSS wrote:MOOG PLEASE ADD MY Ultimate Wants!
Arp/Step to Pitch/Filter/VCA/Mod destinations in a submenu
This only fulfills some of your requests but...

Both Arp and Step already can modulate the Pitch and Filter Cutoff.

The Arp is automatically connected to Pitch, and Arp might be able to be sent to Filter Cutoff via the Filter's Key Tracking knob.

And MOD 1 & 2 (which have Step) both have dedicated depth knobs for Pitch and Filter Cutoff.

Maybe "VCA" could be one of the "PGM" destinations for MOD 1&2.

Maybe "Arp/Kybd" could be one of the "PGM" Sources for MOD 1 & 2.
I hear ya. But the main reason for my request is to assign the arp or step to the filter alone for example. To play an independent melody with precise looped stepped filter tweaks. Or send to VCA only for interesting volume looping shapes. Either without affecting pitch. Or just to send it to VCO 2 only so that you could do some crazy stepped sync or FM effects, mixed with a stable key melody from VCO 1... Droolz
Little Phatty Stage #0042 - OS2.0 | CP-251 | MF-107 FreqBox | MF-102 Ring | MF-105B Bass MuRF

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:56 am

kingfriday wrote:Ok, I just thought of a feature that might actually be doable. Since it's going to have two LFOs, one (or both) could have LFO Rate as a modulation destination. All kinds of wacky fun could be cooked up with this.
IIRC, I saw that was possible in the 22 minutes demo...

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 pm

It would also be rad if one of the LFOs was independent of the mod wheel, or could at least be optionally decoupled from it.

El Toxyque

Post by El Toxyque » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:56 am

Hello everybody!!!,
This is my first post! :D

What I'd like to see in my new SUB37 is "custom CV connections".
I mean that the Cv connections are patchable via software so that I can decide what the 3 Cv and the gate connections do.
For example in my first preset connection 1 is VCO2 out, connection 2 is Filter CV in, connection 3 is Envelope 1 out and connection 4 is arpeggiator gate out.
And I can change the patch as I want.

or better instead of the the four connections that are already there I would like a d-sub connector with a little break out panel with 8 jacks (as above I can decide what the jacks do via software) and that maybe could save some space for a midi through connector. :wink:

alpcohen

Post by alpcohen » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Gitzo73 wrote:It would be nice to have the ability to load my Sub Phatty patches in to the Sub 37.
HUGE +1. It seems like many of us will be upgrading from the Sub Phatty to the Sub 37, so I hope this is possible somehow. I've spent a lot of time fine-tuning the presets I used on my SP for my band and it would be nice to be able to just transfer them over. It seems like the Sub 37 has every feature that the SP does (in addition to a whole lot more), so it appears like this would be possible.

Also, do we know if it will be possible to set LFO time by BPM? I use my synths to play subby bass lines for my band and we often add LFO that's timed with the tempo of the song. It would be great to be able to set LFO to X BPM and be done with it.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:37 am

alpcohen wrote:Also, do we know if it will be possible to set LFO time by BPM? I use my synths to play subby bass lines for my band and we often add LFO that's timed with the tempo of the song. It would be great to be able to set LFO to X BPM and be done with it.
The Little Phatty and Sub Phatty do it, don't they? At least they have MIDI sync'able LFOs.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:16 am

alpcohen wrote:Also, do we know if it will be possible to set LFO time by BPM? It would be great to be able to set LFO to X BPM and be done with it.
Hi alpcohen,

If you look at the MOD 1 and MOD 2 panel of the SUB 37, you will see a "SYNC" button on each.

This will allow the LFOs to track various divisions of the MIDI Clock.

How do you change the Divisions of the MIDI Clock?

Look at the base of each LFO Rate and you'll see that there are Sync Division hashmarks that, presumably, will have the same divisions found in other current Moog products.

I believe that the loopable VCF and VCA Envelopes will also be able to be Sync'd to MIDI Clock, and of course, so will the Arpeggiator. That's a lotta' clock!

{EDIT} Although you can't see it in this picture, the Arpeggiator also has a SYNC button as well as both BPM and SYNC markings on the RATE dial. Given that there's an LCD display, it's likely that you will be able to dial in BPM with one decimal place for 10ths of a BPM like you can in the Little Phatty. {/EDIT}

Hope this helps,
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

DUBMCT

Post by DUBMCT » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't think i am alone in wanting a tap-tempo button right on the front panel.
MOOG: micro/sub/37/M32/DFAM/105m/MF delay/MF trem