Soundtower - saving changes in banks

Everything Phatty.
MusicInclusive

Soundtower - saving changes in banks

Post by MusicInclusive » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi folks,

OK. I've read all the negative stuff about the ST librarian. Nevertheless, I have it - recent purchase. Overall I like it - BUT - I have a big issue with saving changes and I'd like to know if anyone else has the solution here please :-)

Just lost about 5 hours worth of work editing patches.

First, - I have (previously) hand created a complete set of 100 patches in the LPSII - combination of using it directly and using the Rekon editor. I loaded those as a bank in the ST librarian - all fine.

But, I had assumed that when I then made a patch change in the editor - which works in the current LP patch buffer - I understand that, and then saved the bank, it would save the current changes in the bank on disk. It works that way in the Rekon editor - which I have been using until now. But it did not. I do *NOT* want to write the change back the LP after I have finished making them - I want to keep the LP resident patches as a baseline and compare them to a set of changes as I then load back banks and pick the best one on an A/B set of tests. I can do that fine in the Rekon editor.

It appears I cannot do this with the ST librarian without first writing the changes back to the current patch in the LPSII - unless I am missing something.

I've tried it both ways with the "Used loaded bank" on and off. Doesn't seem to help.

As I say, I make a number of changes to a given patch, and incrementally save the bank after each change, and move on to another patch, edit, save the bank to a new version and so on, only to find when I loaded the banks in one after the other they are all the same - the same as the LP resident patches I started with 5 hours earlier :-/

How do I get the patch changes saved to a new bank without having to first write the patch in the LP SII edit buffer to the LP SII - which I do not want to do?

I have read the manual cover to cover and did not see any help there and I have looked through the forums here already and did not see the same particular issue mentioned - only a lot of negativity generally towards the ST product but with few specific details.

Any help much appreciated. I am hopeful of putting these patches up for sale shortly (announced on our site a little while back - check the blog pages), and I am now behind because of this.

Kind regards

Derek Jones
Owner: MusicInclusive LLC
www.musicinclusive.com