Filter out program change messages

Everything Phatty.
CleverConQueso

Filter out program change messages

Post by CleverConQueso » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:16 pm

I suppose this is a cross post but I'm trying to figure out how to chain a minitaur off a sub phatty. Right now program change messages are passed via midi and I don't think there's a filter setting on either synth. I'd like to keep the minitaur in panel mode. Cv would work but there's no out on the phatty yet. My last option is to save 16 default patches on the mini but ill lose visual knob position. Any ideas for me?
Thanks,
CCQ

Bald Eagle

Re: Filter out program change messages

Post by Bald Eagle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:39 pm

The Sub Phatty has a MIDI output filter but not for program change so that won't help. You could consider a midi manager or midi event processor. Another possibility would be routing the MIDI through a PC or iPad and use an app to filter it.

Wesley

Post by Wesley » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:34 am

MIDI event processors are available at midisolutions.com, but they retail for $149. If you can find a used Anatek Pocket Filter, that would do the job. I have seen Anatek stuff on Ebay for about $40.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:39 pm

If you already have an iPad with a MIDI interface you could get MidiBridge for $8.99. Great app with a lot of features including event filters. If you need a MIDI interface for the iPad the iRig MIDI works pretty good and is $69.99.

Sweetwater has the Midi Solutions event processor that Wesley was referring to for $129.00

On the high end I use and can recommend the MOTU Midi Express XT for $349.00. Great for connecting everything to everything.

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks, team. I've got an IODock and been playing with the iPad for a bit now. If I can get the inline effects to work well it might make a suitable sidecar to the phatty and minitaur for live use. Having the full GUI to see what's what would be super for composing on the fly.
I think what I'll do for now is save a default patch at each of the 16 corresponding slots on the Minitaur and take it from there.
-CCQ

CleverConQueso

Post by CleverConQueso » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:55 pm

It looks like you can turn off 'receive program change messages' at the Minitaur via Sysex so this particular case is closed.
-CCQ