Note priority bug with Sub Phatty?

Everything Sub.
ul303

Note priority bug with Sub Phatty?

Post by ul303 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:53 am

I have noticed what I think is a bug. I run the latest version of the software.
Some presets that are part of the Beta team bank are loaded with "low note" priority although the global setting of my Sub Phatty is "last note".
I haven't found a way to set the behavior of this preset back accordingly to the global setting.

:?:

Amos

Re: Note priority bug with Sub Phatty?

Post by Amos » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:55 am

I think it's not a bug with the Sub Phatty, it's an omission within the editor. There's no place in the Editor to set the per-preset note priority. This was an oversight. The best thing to do would be to set the per-preset note priority to "global"* and then re-save the preset.

*you must do this from the Sub Phatty control panel; go into Shift mode, then press & illuminate the Bank 1, Patch 1, and Patch 2 buttons.. then play the lowest D# (or Eb if you prefer) to set the per-preset Note Priority to Global. Now exit Shift Mode (by pressing the Activate Panel button) and save the edited preset in place in the normal way. Now you can export this preset to the librarian and replace the old one if you like.

I apologise for omitting this control from the Editor and will try to be more careful in the future.

-Amos

ul303

Post by ul303 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks Amos. I will try this, I was not aware of this global vs per-preset note priority. I am pretty sure this will solve my issue :)
Yes that would have been nice to have it in the editor too.

bucephalus

Post by bucephalus » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi.

Is there any chance this will be implemented in the Sub Phatty Editor in a future update?