Problem with SubPhatty 64bit VSTi: hardware disconnected

Everything Sub.
griottier

Problem with SubPhatty 64bit VSTi: hardware disconnected

Post by griottier » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:55 am

I have Cubase 5 64bit on German language Windows 7. The plugin cannot connect to the SubPhatty. Interestingly the standalone version works fine. In both standalone and plugin mode, I connected to the USB MIDI in/out ports through the preferences Dialog.

Is this a known bug or a mistake of mine?

Thanks,
Stefan

Denim

Re: Problem with SubPhatty 64bit VSTi: hardware disconnected

Post by Denim » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:38 am

Same problem here. (using Renoise 64-bit on Win7, via USB).
Standalone works fine, but both VSTi (VI) and VST fx version returns "hardware disconnected".
Many users have reported similar issues, but I can't find any indication of progress for this anywhere.. really annoying!

Ldebeck

Post by Ldebeck » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 am

Hi,

I Have the same problems too. I use Ableton Live Suite 9 and have the same massage. Stand alone works perfect. I tried everithing and it's strange to me that it won't connect.
Always "Hardware disconnected". Is there some one who can resolve this problem ?

Regards

Luc

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 am

Denim wrote:Same problem here. (using Renoise 64-bit on Win7, via USB).
Standalone works fine, but both VSTi (VI) and VST fx version returns "hardware disconnected".
Many users have reported similar issues, but I can't find any indication of progress for this anywhere.. really annoying!
Hello! Allow me to indicate some progress. :) I am working on this issue now.
I will first collect & sort all user reports of this problem, then coordinate with the app programmer on a solution... I will be in touch with all users who reported this problem, so they can test our attempts to fix it.
Stay tuned for more info as we make further progress...

Amos

Denim

Post by Denim » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Excellent, thanks for following up Amos 8)

gorgolath

Post by gorgolath » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:19 pm

hi,the stand alone editor work fine for me but i got the same problems then others users when i try to integrate the vsti editor in my daw.i do not despair i know that amos and co will fix it soon.

MuzzFuzz

Post by MuzzFuzz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 am

Hi Amos,

Thanks for getting on to this. Like the others, standalone is fine for me, but I have had no success with any of the VSTi formats in Cubase 7.06 64bit on Win 7 Pro.

Can I please add my name to the list of testers/people to be notified as we work through this?

Thanks,
Murray.

Ldebeck

Post by Ldebeck » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi Amos,

My email adres: [email protected]

What I found out last days is, when I go to preferences in Ableton, Midi Sync, and I disable control surfaces "Input" and "output" of the moog sub phatty.
and when I also disable "track", "Sync", "Remote" fot the moog sub phatty , then the plugin vst is working and then I have connection. That was something positive.
I also use another novation midi keyboard Launchkey 49 and ableton launchpad s. Those have of course control surfaces input and output and the midi ports enabled.

The problem now is:
When I make a midi track in ableton, I cannot select the moog sub phatty in "Midi from", because I disabled the input and output in the preferences in ableton.
I can still play on the launckey midi keyboard and make the effects on the moog sub phatty, but i can not play on the moog itself because in the "Midi from" because there is no "moog sub phatty" listed. The only way to play on the moog is that I enable the control surface; input and output for the moog, but then the vst is not working and have the message "hardware disconnected". Very strange...
When I select only the input and output for the moog sub phatty in the preferences in ableton and deselect the "track", "Sync", "Remote" in the midi ports, there is still "hardware disconnected".
I hope you can find a solution, because I want to edit my sounds within the DAW instead of leaving ableton and start the stand alone version.

Thanks

Luc Debeck

mixpan

Post by mixpan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:43 am

I have the exact same problem with the 64bit vst . "Hardware disconnected" appears randomly or suddenly the release knob just doesn't work within my DAW! Standalone version works properly though.

bradtyler

Post by bradtyler » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:35 am

I still cannot get my Sub Phatty to work with the Editor. I cannot even get it to accept midi from my main midi keyboard (Akai MPK49) which works fine when i plug it into my Juno 106. So far My Sub Phatty is useless in my studio as my playing skills aren't good enough to play live, i Rely on midi :(((((( PLEASE HELP.

I have an iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
12GB RAM
OSX 10.8.5
Logic Pro 9.1.8
Focursrite Saffire Pro 24 as my interface (from which i connect the Akai MKP49 via USB and use the midi out from that which works perfectly when controlling my Juno 106)

PLEASE HLP!!! Thank you guys!

kylister

Post by kylister » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 am

I to have this problem. If i disconnect the device midi in and outputs in cubase i can use it for the moog, and vice verca, but not together.

bradtyler

Post by bradtyler » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Any advice as to how to get the MIDI and editor to work. My Sub Phatty looks very sad sat there, switched off and unused!!!! :((((

Btw I just realised the heading says 64bit VSTI... That is NOT my issue. Just regular 32bit AU and standalone.

MuzzFuzz

Post by MuzzFuzz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:33 am

Hi Amos,

Since I haven't seen anything from you on this thread for a while I guess you and the other Moog techs are busy trying to work things out.

I don't know what approach you're taking to solve the problem but I've got an idea that either needs to be fleshed out or crossed off the list if it's technically unfeasible. Should I post here or would you like a PM?

Thanks,
Murray.

Thomas Greco

Post by Thomas Greco » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:12 pm

I also am having trouble getting the VI to work in Ableton. Any advice would be great :)

Thomas Greco

Post by Thomas Greco » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:22 pm

When in Ableton using the VI the editor wont save preferences. The editor in turn does nothing. Not sure how to get the virtual instrument working properly. :(