Recalling Sub Phatty Bank Presets in Ableton Live

Everything Sub.
KiNo

Recalling Sub Phatty Bank Presets in Ableton Live

Post by KiNo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Greetings Mooglinks,

I am pulling my hair about a very elusive issue, i can't find any information pertaining to this anywhere, really frustrating:

Is it possible to specify/automate the recall of the SubPhatty Preset Bank patches, i.e. when I launch a clip in ableton, the clip recalls the patch number, along with the midi notes and other tweaked parameters? Where is that specified?

Up until yesterday, when i recorded a midi part on the sub phatty, it would register the patch number per clip, although, i couldn't see this data as one of the modified parameters in the CC list.

As of today, none of my clips launch with their presets, except one bloody clip. Total nightmare.

There is also another peculiar bug, I presume.

When the filter cut off knob is touched, the midi records only from the changed parameter value on, leaving the beginning of the clip at 0 (midi Value) at 20HZ, it doesn't write any other value that would correspond to the position of the saved preset.

The preset issue is a top priority since i couldn't perform without that sorted out and the showtime is raging towards me like a bull.

Cheers

AjS

Re: Recalling Sub Phatty Bank Presets in Ableton Live

Post by AjS » Wed May 28, 2014 12:50 am

To automate the recall of the SubPhatty Preset Bank patches, you have to rec any clip on ableton and in the Note window, there´s a Pgm Change option. In case you want to load the first patch of the first bank, you have to select PGM 1 on the little window. Any time you play that clip, the patch would be selected. Hope that answer one of you questions.
Moog Subphatty - Firmware 2.1.8 !

jsumners

Re: Recalling Sub Phatty Bank Presets in Ableton Live

Post by jsumners » Wed May 28, 2014 12:38 pm

The documentation for Live's program changing ability is at https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/clip- ... ram-change.

Basically, open the MIDI clip in "clip view" and click the double eighth note icon under the clip box if it is not already enabled; this will open the Notes Box. From there, you are able to set the bank and patch to use when the clip is launched.

Personally, I haven't had much luck with it in conjunction with my Slim Phatty. Hopefully it works better for you.