Firmware update little phatty

Everything Phatty.
spin

Firmware update little phatty

Post by spin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi guys!

I would ask where i can download the last firmware update for little phatty stage II. On moog website i found only the 3.1 of 20-06-2011, wich i already have.
Thanks in advance!

spin

Re: Firmware update little phatty

Post by spin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 am

None could tell me where can i find the little phatty OS 3.12.680?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:23 am

I haven't heard anything from Amos yet as far as a permanent FW update...unless you know something I don't? I now there's a beta in progress... :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

spin

Post by spin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 am

THanks for answere. I don't know i have received a mail where there was an update for the little phatty editor, and it says: "The VST-AU Little Phatty Editor™ is a visual editor allowing you to view and edit every parameter of a Little Phatty or Slim Phatty Patch and supports the all the latest Little Phatty OS version 3.12.680 parameters".

So i was thinking that there was a firmware update. :?:

samuelj

Post by samuelj » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I have not been able to get the new editor to work with Ableton Live at all

Pretty sure my OS on the Phatty is 3.1 672.

Maybe it does need this 3.1.2?

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:45 pm

on it... I'll have update files ready Tuesday.

joe_moog

Post by joe_moog » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Amos wrote:on it... I'll have update files ready Tuesday.
Amos - will this include a Mac version?
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector

samuelj

Post by samuelj » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Great news. Editor looks great, can't wait to get it working.

spin

Post by spin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 am

Amos wrote:on it... I'll have update files ready Tuesday.
Hi amos! Where you will upload the new firmware?

Thanks in advance!

joe_moog

FIRMWHERE?

Post by joe_moog » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:02 am

Okay – I'm really not trying to be a pain about this, but Amos — or anyone else at Moog — is there an ETA of when the official firmware update described in this and other threads will be available?

I have several Phattys that I bought with the intention of poly chaining. This has yet to be a successful venture. I can noodle around with the setup getting all four voices to behave for a few minutes and then, without fail, one (or more) of the voices will disappear from the round robin. I can (temporarily) correct this by sending a MIDI All Notes Off or in extreme cases, power cycling all the units. Needless to say, this is very disheartening, and for me, renders them useless.

The last I saw from Amos on March 26, an update was imminent, but I haven't seen any more mention of it in the following month. I've emailed Amos with no word back. Is there any news on this?

I'm holding out hope that with this update, the poly feature will work as advertised. I'm pretty bummed (that's putting it mildly) that I can't get the setup to work for me — I have a Voyager for monosynth duties, and so I expressly bought into the Phatty line because of the poly capabilities promised.
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi guys

Any further news on the Firmware..? Not sure if this is related or not, but when I try to use the Little Phatty Editor VST from RekonAudio, all the patch names are screwed on the VST. (I've tried both Ableton Live and Studio One 2)

Is anyone else having this problem, could the firmware update be the solution..?

Peace, love and flowers
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

gee_flat

Post by gee_flat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:42 am

acatcalledanarchy wrote: Any further news on the Firmware..?
HELLO - ANYONE AT MOOG... :?: :?: :?:

I just got 3 Slim Phattys and have the stuck/dropped problems that others have described on this board. Nothing too exotic about my setup: Akai MPK49 connected via MIDI to the 3 SPs running the current firmware. I just looked here for answers and there are no fewer than three threads that are describing the same thing I am experiencing. Looks like there was a flurry of activity from the firmware team at Moog and then...radio silence.

For my first foray into Moog-land, I'll tell you - this is not exactly reassuring. Very unprofessional to promise that a version is about to be released and then ignore repeated requests without giving an update. Oh well, maybe they're making a fart noise set of patches for the Voyager or some equally important task.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 am

gee_flat wrote:
acatcalledanarchy wrote: Any further news on the Firmware..?
HELLO - ANYONE AT MOOG... :?: :?: :?:

I just got 3 Slim Phattys and have the stuck/dropped problems that others have described on this board. Nothing too exotic about my setup: Akai MPK49 connected via MIDI to the 3 SPs running the current firmware. I just looked here for answers and there are no fewer than three threads that are describing the same thing I am experiencing. Looks like there was a flurry of activity from the firmware team at Moog and then...radio silence.

For my first foray into Moog-land, I'll tell you - this is not exactly reassuring. Very unprofessional to promise that a version is about to be released and then ignore repeated requests without giving an update. Oh well, maybe they're making a fart noise set of patches for the Voyager or some equally important task.
Did you perform the usb processor firmware update that came out a couple months ago? I think it has only been available for PC. Some trouble getting it to work with mac.

gee_flat

Post by gee_flat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:36 pm

I assume you mean the update earlier in this thread, right?

If so, yes, I updated to it and am still having some of these issues... :(

Sometimes I get a note that won't stop unless I send a panic, and the other times in poly mode, I get one voice that is 'doubled', if that makes sense...? In other words, I play a set of notes and consistently every third one will not sound, as if it's assignment is overlapping with one of the other notes.