Can LFO Modulate the VCA on the Phatty?

Everything Phatty.
anchovyd

Can LFO Modulate the VCA on the Phatty?

Post by anchovyd » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:34 pm

First off, just want to thank Moog for putting in the LFO retrigger with gate mode. This is an awesome feature that I didn't see in the manual but really was trying to do and boom there it is in the advanced presets. Must've been a 3.1 OS feature.

Anyways now I am trying to control the VCA with the LFO to create a tremolo type effect. It looks like this might not be possible as I don't see it anywhere in the manual, but it seems to be something that should be there. Is it hidden somewhere?

Let me mention that I did just get a Moog Ringmod and though I haven't played with it yet, I figure that I could drive the VolumeCV input with the Ringmod's LFO to get tremolo or just use the Ringmod itself as a tremolo. But I'd really like to be able to patch it within the Phatty and free up the ringmod for other stuff.

Thanks,
AnchovyD

Phurniture

Re: Can LFO Modulate the VCA on the Phatty?

Post by Phurniture » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:22 pm

I believe the answer to your question is: No.
Mood Lighting EP, the debut from Phurniture on Spliced Vinyl Recordings
Buy it now on Beatport

PHC

Re: Can LFO Modulate the VCA on the Phatty?

Post by PHC » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:26 am

If Your LP has a CV Out Mod (which You should really consider :-) you can patch Mod Out to Volume out, I'll try this when I get home and let You know if it works. You may need a CP-251 to set the Offset of the volume CV so You'll get desired volume with tremolo.