Tribute 1.03 with Slim phatty polychain ?

Everything Phatty.
sixfeetunderground

Tribute 1.03 with Slim phatty polychain ?

Post by sixfeetunderground » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 am

hi everybody

I got a moog little phatty tribute edition (OS 1.03)
The update OS 2.0 was not possible in france

so I want to buy a slim phatty (for polychain) but it was ok with my little phatty tribute 1.03 ???

thx

EMwhite

Re: Tribute 1.03 with Slim phatty polychain ?

Post by EMwhite » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:33 pm

You should email Amos directly to ask. But I think the answer might be "no", unfortunately.

I've got an updated Tribute but looking at the original manual, and the 1.03 addendum, I don't see any reference to POLY. This may have come with 2.xT.

But that won't stop you from using a Midi splitter to send everything south of a certain note to the Slim and everything at the right hand portion of the keyboard to the LP. To be honest, I have never gotten Poly mode to work reliably (between my Phatty and Taurus) and at this point (I have my Tribute on the latest code), I need to wait for a Taurus update in order to make this a reality.

Did you want to just play a 'bass' note and a lead, or did you want to play 2 note chords and have the same tone from each? I also didn't see the HI note LOW note menu items but to tell you the truth, that didn't work reliable either (nor does it work well on my Midi SEM).

BUT !! You've still got a great synth on your hands, and based on some recent posts, some of the folks here are starting to winge about all of the complex menus and some of the recent code issues/confusion. I've jumped into practically every features of code all along the development of LP code, but looking back at the original manual as I have just now done, really gives you a good appreciation for how great it is even without all of the bells and whistles.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Spitfire

Re: Tribute 1.03 with Slim phatty polychain ?

Post by Spitfire » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Bonjour SixFeetUnderground,

I have my Little Phatty Tribute running OS 1.03TC and the Slim Phatty on a polychain with absolutely no problems. In fact, I add an Oberheim SEM with high note priority to play a third note for any triad chords, and the different filters and envelopes in the Moog-Oberheim arrangement make for an oustanding mix.

I hope this helps. The TE is an amazing machine... as is the Slim. (If only the Slim didn't take forever to warm up...)

Cheers,

The Wood. :mrgreen:
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen: