2 New LFO Features I'd Like for a future OS

Everything Phatty.
Sir Nose

2 New LFO Features I'd Like for a future OS

Post by Sir Nose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:50 pm

LFO Hold: the LFO continues to run, but the modulation value remains constant till disengaged, then jumps to the current LFO value

LFO Retrigger: not just key-retrigger, but by a button or CC, would also disengage LFO hold, if it was applied.

I would be happy if they were only available by midi CC, but that would limit some users. LFO section is already full of double features with the buttons. Maybe in the menu, the output on/off button can be rerouted to LFO retrigger (I certainly rarely if ever use the output on/off button). Possibly the CV gate in can be configured for LFO hold as well, like the new feature that reconfigs the gate in. I would want CC too, need to be able to sequence the events.

Phurniture

Re: 2 New LFO Features I'd Like for a future OS

Post by Phurniture » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:28 pm

A feature I'd like to see is Keytracking->LFO rate. That would be cool.
Mood Lighting EP, the debut from Phurniture on Spliced Vinyl Recordings
Buy it now on Beatport

spin

Post by spin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:28 am

LFO sync to arpeggiator internal clock......actually there is no way to sync lfo to arp. The only way is to use an external midi clock..

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Phurniture wrote:A feature I'd like to see is Keytracking->LFO rate. That would be cool.
I totally agree on this. Besides, it doesn't look like a very hard to implement feature. But don't know if there would be space left for this.
spin wrote:LFO sync to arpeggiator internal clock......actually there is no way to sync lfo to arp. The only way is to use an external midi clock..
Last week i discovered this. I hope this was just a bug because it was something quite useful.