how do i get lfo to work?

Everything Phatty.
pumpkinfoot

how do i get lfo to work?

Post by pumpkinfoot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 pm

i cannot get my lfo to work at all!!!!, it's been like this since day 1, i never thought anything of it, because i was having so much fun with everything else, i started to explore all of the SP's functions, well, i finally came to the conclusion that the lfo/arp/phaser is not working at all, and now im slightly miffed...
unless....
someone can help me, why does it not do anything when i press any of the buttons under source or destination or turn the knob, it's really frustrating...

i have another question for you even if you can answer how to fix my lfo problem... Does the moog slim phatty have issues with lfo's, is this a known problem with SP's? or is mine just defective?

let me know, someone!!! please help!!!! Thank you much!

andy

banyek

Re: how do i get lfo to work?

Post by banyek » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 pm

make sure your modwheel is up on your midi controller
or if you use your SP in itself you can press and hold the amount button and use the modulation knob as a modwheel.
i'm quite sure that's all your problem, not anything more serious. :)
moog slim phatty, carbon copy mxr, electribe es-1, vermona drm-1, Doepfer A-125, A-106-5, A-143-9, MFOS 16-step sequencer, zoom h2

Assar

Post by Assar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 am

Could it be that the lfo/arp (phaser?) is set to sync with external midi and that you don't have any midi clock in?
I have never had any problems with the lfo in my LPTE - to answer you second question.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

pumpkinfoot

Post by pumpkinfoot » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 pm

@Banyek.. brilliant... it works perfectly now... thanks man... will this effect the pitch shift without touching the pitch on the destination amount?

thanks

andy

pumpkinfoot

Post by pumpkinfoot » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:15 pm

@assar... which brings up an additional point... i guess, i understand how the phaser/lfo works now.... but, like you said, there is a midi clock that i need to set? i am running a macbook pro, with ableton live 8, m-audio radium 49, hooked up through midi and NOT usb... in the ableton settings it says that it is all synced, well according to while playing it live in motion, the midi sync is not functioning... the weirdest part that i found out about, was that the lower notes had slower waves like 1/4 compared to a higher note which could be 1/8, or even a higher note would be like 1/32.... what do you think i need to do?

thanks for everyone's help, means a lot... thank you. :)

Assar

Post by Assar » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:15 am

I don't use Live or Mac, but you have to make sure that
a) Your daw is sending midi-clock to the right midi-connection (with or without the daw running, your choice)
b) You SP is using incoming midi-clock to set lfo and arp tempo
Then you have to set the clock division of you choice in your SP.
the weirdest part that i found out about, was that the lower notes had slower waves like 1/4 compared to a higher note which could be 1/8, or even a higher note would be like 1/32
That wierd. Is there a breaking point where it changes, or is it slowly increasing when you go higher up on the keyboard?
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se