Easiest way to tune OSC1 with latest update LPSTAGE2

Everything Phatty.
SHutDelight

Easiest way to tune OSC1 with latest update LPSTAGE2

Post by SHutDelight » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi everyone, well this is my first post in this forum.
First of all I want to thank moog for making this lovely piece of synth. I bought one 2 days ago and I am completely blown away by its sound and versatility and ease of use.
I bought it even after reading many many times all this questions and "problems" regarding the tune problems and the driftings and all this stuff..
For example, last night I read a post that someone wants to return his LP to the store because he uses it on live performance and had to leave it warm up for 2 hours to get in tune... SO I think, is it a problem with an acoustic guitar to have to tune it everytime you have to play it? Even the best guitar in the world needs a tune every now and then, right.

After all this buzz, lets get to the fun part :mrgreen:

How is the easiest way to tune the phatty? (OSC1)
Note: This steps are for people who do not have a muscician trained ear to get the tone right, like myself)

1- update to the new Firmware - the one with the autotune function. (but I guess you already did that )
2- If you don't own a guitar/bass/whatever tuner, go to your nearest music store and buy the cheapest there is (like $15dlls or so) and some batteries (if not included :mrgreen: ).
3-Turn your little phatty and go to the bathroom or something to let it warm for a bit. (15 min or so)
4- turn on your tuner and then play a C note in the phatty using the Calibration preset for a cleaner sound. (mine shows after 5 minutes a G,10 then a B,15 an E, never the note)
5- user your fine tune knob on the phatty to get a C and when you hit the spot, press a B D F G and so on to see if it gives you the right tone.
6 - go to the master menu and hit the tune option and choose AUTOTUNE. the middle c should now get to 60.00.
7-thats it, now your phatty is always in tune!!

Maybe I will have to run a calibration later but for now it stays always in tune and I use it with a Nord Rack 2x and stays in tune perfectly well together.

BUT, if you want to do this with osc2 its another story... My Osc2 with the tuner is always in another note. I will have to do a let it warm up like an hour or so and make a calibration to get in line with the OSC1.

Some may think, dudeee you should just tell us we need a tuner and thats it. but others don't so I hope this is useful to everyone :lol:
Sorry for my bad english and If I'm wrong, sure some feedback may help me aswell.
Cheers,
Jim