any good tips to keep Slim in tune how do you do it

Everything Phatty.
mesa

any good tips to keep Slim in tune how do you do it

Post by mesa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:42 am

was rendering some audio out the phatty some bass parts, 2 of the same parts rended within 10 secounds of each other and the parts were in totaly different keys.

any good tips to keep the Slim in tune
how do you warm it up with auto tune on or what?
do u keep auto tune on all the time or set it to off or fine tune?

thanks
Mesa
Moog Slim phatty, Moog Sub 37, Moog Minataur, Dave Smith Tetra, Win10 64bit, Ableton Live 9.6, Ableton Push, Focusrite Scarlet 6I6, Arturia Beatstep Pro.

Kenneth

Re: any good tips to keep Slim in tune how do you do it

Post by Kenneth » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:23 am

I keep autotune on. If you don't want to leave it on, set it to off because the fine tune knob is easy to bump by accident. That may be what happened.
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

mesa

Post by mesa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 am

It was set to auto tune when this happened,it had nothink to do with the fine tune that was set to off and didnt touch the fine tune nob.
Moog Slim phatty, Moog Sub 37, Moog Minataur, Dave Smith Tetra, Win10 64bit, Ableton Live 9.6, Ableton Push, Focusrite Scarlet 6I6, Arturia Beatstep Pro.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Fine tune is either set to off or auto, couldn't be both at once.
I leave fine tune set to Auto and make sure to let the unit warm up for a good while before I start recording tracks. You can flick back over to the Fine Tune page and make sure it reads 60.00 to be sure it's in tune... just be sure to leave this page (or at least make sure the cursor's not under the number 60.00) before playing/recording, as the output is muted when you cursor under the note number.

In short though, make sure the unit's fully warmed up and fine tune is set to auto and you should be sorted... I had no problems while following this advice even with 4 slims all playing in a stack.

edit: also make sure your Slim has the latest firmware, at least version 671 if not v672 which I just posted to the "v3.1 firmware" thread and which will be on the main website shortly.

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Were you driving pitch with CV, by any chance? I have found on the LP, if you have it set to 'Auto' and instead of the keyboard/MIDI you use the
CV in, the pitch just goes _crazy_ and you wind up with wacky transpositions. I would retry with tuning set to 'off'

mesa

Post by mesa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Yer amos sorry thats what i was trying to say it was set to auto so it was off, it had been on for around 3 hours so it should have been warmed up an i had just checked it was at AUTO 60.00 then recorded the fist recording was fine 10 secs i recorded it again an that was right out of tune.
i am using v672

cliffman not using cv no