Everything just goes silent in Logic?

Everything Phatty.
falloutsoldier

Everything just goes silent in Logic?

Post by falloutsoldier » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:48 am

Hey everyone

Just got my slim phatty yesterday, Ive avoided most of the major pitfalls; updated the firmware & worked out how to send the midi clock so I can sync my Arp

one thing i have noticed is that, sometimes when I am recording the audio from my SP into logic all the other channels will go silent, Midi & Audio

the only way I have found to get around this is by Alt dragging the parts (copying them) to a new part an then they play again, but the previous audio an midi that was in the project just seems to be dead

has anyone else come across this?

thank you in advance!

Barely

Re: Everything just goes silent in Logic?

Post by Barely » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 am

falloutsoldier wrote:Hey everyone

Just got my slim phatty yesterday, Ive avoided most of the major pitfalls; updated the firmware & worked out how to send the midi clock so I can sync my Arp

one thing i have noticed is that, sometimes when I am recording the audio from my SP into logic all the other channels will go silent, Midi & Audio

the only way I have found to get around this is by Alt dragging the parts (copying them) to a new part an then they play again, but the previous audio an midi that was in the project just seems to be dead

has anyone else come across this?

thank you in advance!
I know this sounds silly, and I don't know how much experience you have, so forgive me if I just ask if you may have accidentally hit the "solo" button besides the "record" button? :)
If all other voices are mute (and you didn't touch the solo button), is the solo button yellow? If so, somebody else has switched it on:
Download and start midi monitor from snoize.com (it's free), set it to watch your LP midi port and see if the LP transmits anyhting except notes. If it transmits control changes, check if Logic is mapped in a way that this control change means "solo part". Play the keyboard, push all buttons, turn all pots, see if and when the track is soloed and try to isolate the command.
If you have found the command, then it's tricky - do you have other input devices? Is it possible you have accidentally used the "midi learn" command to map this command to solo a part? Don't delete the command unless you are absolutely sure it is not used and will not be used by other input devices.
Good luck!