LP Pitch Input CV (mod?)

Everything Phatty.
dualaud

LP Pitch Input CV (mod?)

Post by dualaud » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:46 am

Hey there,

I read the Pitch CV input on the Little Phatty is not normalized to 1V/Oct.
Found this out, by trying to sequence the Little Phatty from an analog sequencer with rock solid 1V/Oct, and verified this by using a MIDI->CV interface and playing on a MIDI keyboard to the LP.

Is there any modification to bring the Pitch CV input to 1V/Oct spec, so it tracks Pitch CV input correctly over 3 octaves? Now it doesn't even track 1 octave correctly.
Very frustrating in a modular environment. But I freaking love this thing.
I work in an audio lab with all the necessary equipment for calibration and installation, so please hit me with tech talk.

Amos to the rescue? :)

Thanks,
dual

Sir Nose

Re: LP Pitch Input CV (mod?)

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

I would email or call moog tech support directly. I think it can be done. Trimmer or resistor to knock down the incoming cv.

You could probably put together a short cable with a trimmer with a female and male end and not even need to mess with the insides. If so, moog should design and market such an adaptor. Kinda like the step adaptor.
Last edited by Sir Nose on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm

there are multiple places in each oscillator to install trim pots to allow full analog calibration.
Or get a Tribute Edition LP, which has all these trimmers already installed (score 1 for the LPTE ;))

but yes, this is doable... might contact techsupport at moogmusic dot com for more info, perhaps we can even sell you the trimmers if we have them on stock.

dualaud

Post by dualaud » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks guys!
Right on!