Filter Knob & LED Ring Issue?

Everything Phatty.
mikekiraly1

Filter Knob & LED Ring Issue?

Post by mikekiraly1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello all - new SP owner here, but I am slightly confused by something and I am hoping to get some input from the board.

I understand that the knobs must sweep through the value before the LED ring and the knob are in sync, but that's not happening. If I select Cutoff and sweep the knob, the LED syncs with the knob turn once it reaches the proper value, but then the LED value starts to vastly exceed the knob value. Turning the knob from 0% to 50% increases the LED value to 100%. Additionally, the filter fully opens by the time the knob hits about 50% (again, at this point the LED ring indicates 100%, so that remains appropriate).

This only seems to happen with the Cutoff and Resonance. All other knob/button combos seems to sync up properly. Is there something I am not understanding or doing wrong? Is there a filter setting somewhere that causes the filter not to require a full knob turn to open fully?

Thanks in advance for any help!

mikekiraly1

Re: Filter Knob & LED Ring Issue?

Post by mikekiraly1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Never mind - it's definitely busted. I've been experimenting with all of the knob modes, and the only one that works reliably is Snap. Both Track and Pass Thru are behaving erratically, and Pass Thru barely works at all. So it's back to the factory for this unit :(

Gil

Post by Gil » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:17 am

Did you try changing the knob settings and see if anything changes?
In the master menu there is an option called "track mode", and you can switch between 3 different modes. Try switching to a different mode and see if it still happens.
If it does, then you have a problem with your SP...
try reinstalling the firmware.

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:41 am

Do you have a MIDI loop happening? If I recall correctly, if you have Local control ON and have your MIDI echoed thru a DAW, then the MIDI CC from the cutoff knob "doubles" the position of the LED.

The solution: don't echo MIDI through the DAW, or Turn Local Control OFF - depending on your setup and needs...

This is just a guess but I hope it helps!
SD

mikekiraly1

Post by mikekiraly1 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 am

Wow, okay so I completely blanked on the Local setting. The weird thing is this: only the cutoff and resonance seem to be impacted by the local setting being on. Some kind of weird midi feedback is happening and causing the knob to freak out, but only that 1 knob. I need to get into Logic's environment and start making this work for me....