69 dollar to backup and update you SP?

Everything Phatty.
roodbwoy

69 dollar to backup and update you SP?

Post by roodbwoy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:02 pm

So yeah, basicly I just spent 800 euro's on a GREAT machine, seriously in love with the Slim Phatty, but if I understand the manual correctly I need to purchase software (69 dollar) to actually backup and import presets and maybe even more important, to update the firmware? Seriously? Maybe if misread or didn't understand it correctly, in my defence this is my first peace of hardware and I quickly red the important parts in the manual...

There must be a way to export and import presets without having to spent more money?

must be...

right!

....right?

SteveD

Re: 69 dollar to backup and update you SP?

Post by SteveD » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 am

Presets can be exported or imported by using any program that can send/ receive MIDI SysEx messages.

For mac - you can use SysEx librarian, For PC there is MIDI-Ox.

Firmware updates are also done using MIDI SysEx - I believe due to the size of the files, future updates will have their own application that will be provided for updating the firmware.

So no, you don't have to spend any money to backup presets or update firmware.

If you do buy the editor - you get a graphic interface for modifying sounds on the computer, a librarian function, and some other cool gadgetry like patch randomization. You can download a demo at no cost to see if it's good for your workflow or not.

Hope that helps!
SD

roodbwoy

Re: 69 dollar to backup and update you SP?

Post by roodbwoy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks for the reply SD, looking for the SysEx tool as we speak!

Cheers!