Slim Phatty problems

Everything Phatty.
pipwilliams

Slim Phatty problems

Post by pipwilliams » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:40 pm

hi am using SP with Logic 9 and there some real weirdness going on. Wen I turn the osc dial the pan also rotates on the track in logic. Obviously some cc probs but not sure how to resolve this. Also get similar issues where tracks mute (when osc 1 wave dial is turned). Seems to be random. Am pulling my hair out over this now!!

Any pointers would be appreciated

many thanks

jbar_score

Re: Slim Phatty problems

Post by jbar_score » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:23 am

Same here. This is killing my experience so far.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi guys,

There is an unfortunate conflict between the CC numbers that were chosen for the Moog Voyager, and with the environment and track control CCs in Logic. The Little Phatty was required to use the same CCs as the Voyager, so it has the same issue with Logic.

Work-arounds I've heard about are to make sure that you are not monitoring the LP midi track; have a separate "dummy" track that is being monitored and you should be able to record Slim (or Little) Phatty knob tweaks without Logic's tracks also following these CCs. It's not random; Osc 2 Freq maps to Pan, I think, and there are a couple of other specific CC numbers which map to specific Logic functions. Try this workaround and see if it helps...

-Amos

Kidney05

Post by Kidney05 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:21 pm

There's a MIDI filter in logic that should help you. I forget what it's under, but you can set it so that logic doesn't receive parameters form a device, and it'll stop all that nonsense. I've had that problem with other synths before.

xenious

Post by xenious » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 pm

OSC2 freq mapping to pan totally makes sense of another behavior I saw. I was using my Korg Karma for midi key output and its default arpish pattern which must have a pan in the mix as it made the OSC2 freq light cycle back and forth. Granted it was interesting and the light show was also cool!

I'll poke around in the karma and see if i can strip out the pan.