LP midi problems

Everything Phatty.
spin

LP midi problems

Post by spin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:19 am

Hi all!

I don't know why, but i can't find these menu in Master Mode: MIDI IN:DIN/USB and MIDI OUT:DIN/USB. When i enter midi setup menu i can find only these menu: ALL NOTES OFF, LOCAL CNTRLN: ON, MIDI MERFE: OFF, POLY: OFF. Where are the others menu?

And i don't why, my lp dosen't send or receive midi signals any more....i ve tested it on cubase with a midi track on channel 1 and no midi information has received. what has happened? What i can do?

thanks for any help!

spin

Re: LP midi problems

Post by spin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:19 pm

i did a factory restore but again no midi activity and no MIDI IN/OUT menu displayed....what is going wrong?_?

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 am

...sorry to say that I had the same problem... I had to remove the In/Out board (easy, and it's pretty small) and return it to Moog... they replaced it. Easy enough to get it back in.

...cause could be a simple static electricity fry. I had the same symptoms of no menu items. Mine's been fine ever since.

spin

Post by spin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 am

thanks for reply!
Could you explain exactly what i have to do to open little phatty and take out the IN/OUT board? I am pretty scared to do this because i have no experience with circuitry problems :shock:

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 am

Contact Moog support by phone or email.

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:12 pm

...yes, tech support gave me the proper instructions. Was not hard at all. I believe it was Ryan at support, if he still works there. You'll be surprised at how little is inside... most circuitry is attached to the underside of the main panel, so you don't have to worry about cutting some wire by mistake.

...support can also let you know if there is some kind of software re-set you can do instead; it's been a while since I had my issue, perhaps there is a work-around in the new OS.

Johnny_Cradle

Post by Johnny_Cradle » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 am

Mine did the same thing. The hardest thing was turning the screwdriver. Moog sent me a little manual thing for the replacement.
http://www.johnnycradle.com/ | Little Phatty SII | Fender Rhodes 88