Sweetwater Solar edition with CV Out Question

Everything Phatty.
analogMan

Sweetwater Solar edition with CV Out Question

Post by analogMan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Hello Fellow Moogians,

I'm going to buy a LIttle Phatty soon. I see that Sweetwater has a special Solar Edition that has a an added CV Out option. Is that CV Out option not included with the normal black back Stage II?

My other more important question is... With that CV could could I attach a cable going from that out into my Yamaha CS-5's CV input and then control the Yamaha's note with the Moog therefore allowing me to record Midi part?

Thanks for any tips!

ps... this is the Sweetwater version:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PhattySWCVor/

ppss... I don't like the look of the Solar so much...
Powermac Dual 2.5 G5, Powerbook 12" 867
Motu 828, Firewire 410
TC Powercore
Cubase SX, Ableton Live, Reason, Traktor
Real Analog Synths

EMwhite

Re: Sweetwater Solar edition with CV Out Question

Post by EMwhite » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Maybe... (what?)

I have a Little Phatty and certainly, playing it via Midi (external keyboard, or of course, playback of a sequenced track) WILL control CV Pitch voltage out but I cannot speak for whether or not the CS-5 likes the volt/octave or the gate type that the Little Phatty is offering up. One annoyance that I was not aware of until after I got my CV Modd'ed Phatty home is that the pitch bend (or glide/portamento) does not alter the CV signal either when played over midi or from the LHC on the Phatty.

Mine is a very early modd'ed version so maybe they changed this. If Moog is listening, I'd be happy to roll the dice and take on some precision soldering if they could only tell me 'solder wire from board point R26 to leg 3 of IC 72' or something like that. (I just made that up so do not try this at home!)

The diff between the two versions that Sweetwater sells is indeed the color scheme and CV out. It's a really nice looking special version. if I didn't have a Tribute with OS upgrade and CV out mod, I'd be interested in this edition as well.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 am

CV out is not stock on a stage II. Just the Solar and Redback editions. It can be added at the factory to any LP. I am not sure of the outs that are supplied for pitch or mod bus on those editions. If you get it done at the factory, I think you can specify where the pitch CV comes out of the path and if the mod bus comes out before or after the mod wheel. Though you might have to pay more, if it takes more time to perform and check a custom CV routing.
Last edited by Sir Nose on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

analogMan

Post by analogMan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:02 am

I wish there were some more photos of the special edition to check out.
Powermac Dual 2.5 G5, Powerbook 12" 867
Motu 828, Firewire 410
TC Powercore
Cubase SX, Ableton Live, Reason, Traktor
Real Analog Synths