HELP ME PLEASE

Everything Phatty.
HiFreak1c

HELP ME PLEASE

Post by HiFreak1c » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi

I'm brand new to hardware and having problems setting my Slim Phatty up.

I got the Midi cable coming out of my Oxygen 49 midi keyboard into the Midi in of the SP.
I have the USB from the SP into the computer and the Jack from the Audio Out on SP to my
Duet In.

BUT

Nothing is happening?? :cry:

what have I done wrong??

Hope someone can help me I'm going mad.
Outbreak Digital / Digital Cohesion / Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/hi-freak1c

HowardJones

Re: HELP ME PLEASE

Post by HowardJones » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Is the Slim Phatty set to receive MIDI on the same channel as your Keyboard is sending?

Test whether the SP is receiving any MIDI:
When you Play the Keyboard do you see a small arrow on the left side of the Slim Phatty appear? If you don't see that arrow then the Slim is not receiving any MIDI.

Test whether the SP produces sound at all:
If you scroll through the master menus until you get to the "Enter=Play Note" selection, then hit enter, do you hear any sound? (Page 35 of the manual)

Have you tried a set of headphones too instead of the audio interface (careful of the volume at first) - or plugged into an amp instead.

A sanity check - make sure the output button on the right hand side is on - it should be lit amber.
Two Slim Phatties 313 and 354- DSI Tetra - DotCom System - Korg Poly 800 - Yamaha DX27 & RS7000 + Matching Moog Pocket Protectors

HiFreak1c

Post by HiFreak1c » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey
Thanks for the reply got it working now :) Logic and soundcard was playing up done a restart and seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the reply again. Can't get over how nice and warm this sounds. :mrgreen:
Outbreak Digital / Digital Cohesion / Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/hi-freak1c

HowardJones

Post by HowardJones » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:57 pm

HiFreak1c wrote:Can't get over how nice and warm this sounds.
Welcome to the world of analog hardware ;)
Two Slim Phatties 313 and 354- DSI Tetra - DotCom System - Korg Poly 800 - Yamaha DX27 & RS7000 + Matching Moog Pocket Protectors

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:57 pm

exactly the feeling I still have with my LP. Even thought Moog licensed Arturia to use their name, virtual still isn't even close. When I got my first moog (LP), I was amazed at the quality of the sound. I thought VA would be closer by now, but the sound of digital is still not even close to the real thing.

The difference might be less noticeable when heard on a record.. But the real thing is still miles ahead. The difference is still very clear when using modulation for example. Analog envelopes, LFO and pitch bends are far nicer.

I used to be a VA addict, maybe it's only in my mind, but the real thing is so much fun!