Little Phatty stage 1 and Abelton...midi question

Everything Phatty.
phil monty

Little Phatty stage 1 and Abelton...midi question

Post by phil monty » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 am

Im brand new to midi. i would appreciate any help. Im sure this has been asked many times and so i apologize in advance. i just bought a Moog Little Phatty (the earlier stage 1 version) and im not sure how to get the midi to work with Live. Im using Live 8.2 with a RME Fireface 400. Everything works fine when i hook the adndromeda to Live but i cant get it to work with the moog. Any help would be appreciated.

phil monty

Re: Little Phatty stage 1 and Abelton...midi question

Post by phil monty » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:44 am

Im pretty sure i have it set up correctly in live but i dont think i have it set up correctly with the moog

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Is the midi turned on to a channel under the menu option: midi out?

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:30 pm

or, if you mean the LP doesn't receive midi, is it set to receive midi at the correct midi channel?

DomKane

Post by DomKane » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am

Do you have sound coming out of the Moog at all?

IF NOT: I would say you just need to make sure the signal flow is all there. Open a new project file, drop in Ableton's "External Instrument", then select "Little Phatty Stage I" at the "midi To" drop-down-menu on External Instrument, and "Ch. 1" below that, then make sure your LP is plugged into your soundcard and select the appropriate soundcard channel in the "Audio From" box.

IS YES: I would put money on the fact you've actually found an issue with Ableton rather than Moog... Are you in the arrangement sceen? If so, midi CC values can't be controlled from here. Instead, head to the piano-roll screen to edit the notation, and then click the "E" button in the bottom left of the screen, then you can choose the CC values to control from within the clip.
Dom Kane
DJ | Producer | Engineer
Sound designer for Moog (Little Phatty + Slim Phatty), FXpansion (D-CAM), Steve Duda & Deadmau5 (Nerve)
http://www.facebook.com/domkane