Greetings, and a question about the Little Phatty ATA case..

Everything Phatty.
avj

Greetings, and a question about the Little Phatty ATA case..

Post by avj » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Hello all! I've been lurking around for quite a while, but I decided I should register and actually interact with the community after recently becoming a Little Phatty owner. I'm primarily a guitarist with a year or so of experience as a synthesist, and as an all-around audio and gear nerd I've long been fascinated with Moog's unique brand of analog subtractive synthesis. I finally pulled the trigger three weeks ago after an exhaustive bit of research; I had my heart set on the LP SE II, but for roughly $500 less I found an old-stock LP SE that was only lightly used as a floor model. I upgraded to OS 2.21 right away, and it's been an absolute dream.

Getting to the point, yesterday I received the Little Phatty ATA case I ordered from Sweetwater -- great service as always. Inside were two pads with Velcro on one side and I can't seem to figure out where they fit. I didn't see them in any of the photos of the case online, so I did a quick search here on the forum for an answer and didn't find anything definitive.

The case shipped with the pads on the bottom half, so I tried setting the Phatty on top of them and closing the lid, but that didn't seem to work well. I also tried to attach them to the strips with the mating Velcro pieces on the top portion of the case, which places them on the keybed when closing the lid. This feels like it would require the lid to be closed with considerable force, and the force to overcome the compression of the pads seems far too great -- almost like it would be enough to break the keybed before they fully yielded.

The case seems to hold the Phatty securely on all sides without the pads in place anywhere, but I just feel like I'm missing something incredibly simple here.

And yes, I definitely appreciate the comedy of being able to make short work of getting comfortable with the Little Phatty while being unable to figure out a giant, stupid box designed to protect it. I suspect I'll have many more ridiculous questions in the coming months, but I quite enjoy being humbled by a new instrument. Between the great documentation from Moog and the knowledge dispensed here, I feel like I'm already way ahead of the game.

Thanks!

Moogtard

Re: Greetings, and a question about the Little Phatty ATA ca

Post by Moogtard » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:37 pm

the
Last edited by Moogtard on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moogtard

Post by Moogtard » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:40 pm

The pads are meant to be placed over the keybed and LHC (left hand controller) when the ata case is shut. Closing the case does compress the pads some but I have never have had an issue with my LP Tribute after it had been in the Moog ata case. Sorry for the double post.

avj

Post by avj » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I'll put them back in tonight and try again!