LP + Voyager RME setup

Everything Phatty.
Penepasta

LP + Voyager RME setup

Post by Penepasta » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Hello all

I've saved money up for a new synth setup and what I had in mind was a Little Phatty augmented by a Voyager RME. I was wondering if the mono output on the LP will diminish the greatness of the two together and how the arpeggiator would be able to work in such a setup (If arpeggiator patterns will affect the RME sounds going from LP->RME->main output) I've never owned a true analog synth, just cheap hybrids and digitals, so any help would be appreciated.

anoteoftruth

Re: LP + Voyager RME setup

Post by anoteoftruth » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 am

I have the exact same setup.. got the LP first, and acquired the RME afterwards.

Seriously it's a great setup.. if your connecting with midi, you can pretty much control most of the parameters on the RME with the LP like 1 to 1. Mostly everything works on connection... but even better, side by side it's just a joy to knob tweak as you go...

You *could* run the RME back into the main output of the LP... but why would you? You can do it the other way around, take the audio out of the LP, and lead it into the RME... then the RME has stereo outs... plus imo has a slightly better filter.

Beleive me you won't regret it... The LP was my first real analog synth, and I'm hooked. Just wait untill you play around with the duophonic capabilities, or start making some wicked 5 OSC synth patches... it's wicked.... personally I'm looking to add a few Slim Phatty's to add more voices and polyphony.... imo you really can't go wrong with the LP/RME setup... you can do a lot with it. And a great introduction to analog synths... infact for anyone getting into analog synths, I recommend a LP.... they just make it so intuitive and easy for people to learn about analog synths as they go... learning about VCO's, VCF's, LFO's, etc by tweaking hands on... best way to learn imo.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.