LP gig bag alternatives

Everything Phatty.
redeyeflight

LP gig bag alternatives

Post by redeyeflight » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:21 pm

I've been gigging regularly with my little phatty for a couple of years now and my gig bag has just completely fallen apart. Funny thing is, the other keyboardist in my band also has a little phatty and his gig bag is also in a state of disrepair. Both of the zippers on mine are dust so you can't close the gig bag anymore and it just doesn't seem up to the quality of moog's products. Are there any other options for a lightweight but sturdy gig bag that will fit the little phatty or am I stuck buying another one of these crap bags (no offense moog music...I love all your products but that gig bag sucks).

slabwax

Re: LP gig bag alternatives

Post by slabwax » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:40 am

Try replacing the zipper with better quality ones. The bag itself is well made but yes indeed the zipper is well, not so great.The zipper in mine crapped out after just a few in and outs. Try http://www.rainypass.com/. They are on Stone way and 45th. It will be cheeper then buying a whole new bag/case. (It might not be cheaper come to think of it but it will work).

I don't think you will find a better solution without buying a flight case. I also have a very expensive mallet bag and the zippers are bleep. I think it's the nature of the overseas labour shops. If it was made state side it would cost 3 times the price and then I would bitch about that.

Dean

redeyeflight

Re: LP gig bag alternatives

Post by redeyeflight » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 pm

cool, a spot right in seattle...I will check them out. Thanks a bunch for the info. Funny side note, I was doing a gig on friday with a friend and I noticed that both the zippers on his little phatty case were broken as well. Honestly, I would be willing to pay more money for a case that didn't crap out on me. This obivously is an issue!