Is my LFO broken??

Everything Phatty.
thesauce

Is my LFO broken??

Post by thesauce » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Hello,

I tried setting my LFO to the settings in the instruction manual to get a simple vibrato by using the mod wheel. I set the source as a triangle wave, the destination as pitch, the amount at about 10 o'clock, and the rate to about 11 o'clock. However, whenever I play a note and move the mod wheel, the only modulation I hear is pitch bend. It basically just operates as a pitch bend wheel. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

It was able to work once, where I think I was able to adjust the LFO rate by tapping the LFO button to a particular speed. The LFO button was blinking. Only then could I get some sort of vibrato effect, but I do not know what I did to enable it.

Do you think there is something wrong with my LP? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

DomKane

Re: Is my LFO broken??

Post by DomKane » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 pm

So you're sending the LFO destination to "pitch" and it's the "pitch" that's modulating? Sounds like it works fine to me?
Dom Kane
DJ | Producer | Engineer
Sound designer for Moog (Little Phatty + Slim Phatty), FXpansion (D-CAM), Steve Duda & Deadmau5 (Nerve)
http://www.facebook.com/domkane

thesauce

Post by thesauce » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Yeah but I'm trying to get the vibrato effect, and it's not doing a vibrato, it's just acting like the pitch bend wheel. The manual said those settings would do a vibrato effect.

DomKane

Post by DomKane » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 pm

do you mean sliding the wheel up moves the pitch up and keeps it there? or does it wobble up and down? If it wobbles up and down, then this is vibrato (modulating pitch).
Dom Kane
DJ | Producer | Engineer
Sound designer for Moog (Little Phatty + Slim Phatty), FXpansion (D-CAM), Steve Duda & Deadmau5 (Nerve)
http://www.facebook.com/domkane

thesauce

Post by thesauce » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Sliding the wheel up moves the pitch up and keeps it there, it doesn't wobble. Basically I just want to know how to set up a vibrato effect through the mod wheel, but the instructions in the manual didn't work.

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:27 am

What did you select as the source?

Make sure you use a waveform for that, typical choice is the triangle waveform for vibrato.

Benjamin AM

Post by Benjamin AM » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:51 am

It sounds like your LFO is trying to sync with a Midi device. Make sure the LFO source is set to internal.
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron

thesauce

Post by thesauce » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:10 am

Benjamin AM wrote:It sounds like your LFO is trying to sync with a Midi device. Make sure the LFO source is set to internal.
Thank you very much! Is this done through the "PROGRAM CHANGE SEND/RECEIVE" menu in the master menu?

Krinor

Post by Krinor » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm

thesauce wrote:Hello,

I tried setting my LFO to the settings in the instruction manual to get a simple vibrato by using the mod wheel. I set the source as a triangle wave, the destination as pitch, the amount at about 10 o'clock, and the rate to about 11 o'clock. However, whenever I play a note and move the mod wheel, the only modulation I hear is pitch bend. It basically just operates as a pitch bend wheel. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

It was able to work once, where I think I was able to adjust the LFO rate by tapping the LFO button to a particular speed. The LFO button was blinking. Only then could I get some sort of vibrato effect, but I do not know what I did to enable it.

Do you think there is something wrong with my LP? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!
You mention Tap Tempo as if it's a feature you are unaware of. It is explained in detail in the manual page 23.
To use the mod wheel to adjust the LFO rate make sure LFO SYNC is set to INTERNAL. (Master Mode menu #3 - Manual page 25).

thesauce

Post by thesauce » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:10 am

Yup that did it!

:mrgreen:

Thank you very much!