Pink Floyd on Theremin

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
Portamental

Pink Floyd on Theremin

Post by Portamental » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:17 pm

I always loved Pink Floyd just like like everybody else but my stuck-up brother in-law. Great band, but there were others I preferred. I have been playing (trying real hard) music for a year now and Pink Floyd is back into my life, big time. Their melodies and moods are so simple and beautiful : soul catching. I play a lot of Pink Floyd, especially on guitar.

I'll admit I bought me EW+ mainly as a controller, but I am seduced more and more everyday by the theremin as a musical instrument. Almost obsessed. And Pink Floyd has become my favorite music sheet for the theremin since I found these :

Great gig in the sky
A pillow of winds

and I love'em both. Thank you Leon, R.A. Moog, Pink Floyd, You Tube and you two guys, whoever you are.

_DemonDan_

Re: Pink Floyd on Theremin

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Portamental wrote:Pink Floyd has become my favorite music sheet for the theremin since I found these :

Great gig in the sky
A pillow of winds
Hi Portamental,

My Floyd tribue, Pink Droyd, is performing a concert on Feb 26th & 27th that will feature the largest and
most colorful laser show we've ever had, so far. (In the past we've only had green lasers.)

pinkdroyd.com/Content/Video.aspx

I'm planning on using my new Etherwave Plus for the songs One Of These Days and Wish You Were Here.
On both songs I'll be using the CV Outs to control the timbre and volume of the noise-based wind as well
as the gliding "Dr. Who Theme" that occurs in the middle of One Of These Days.

:twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted:

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:My Floyd tribue, Pink Droyd, is performing a concert on Feb 26th & 27th that will feature the largest and
most colorful laser show we've ever had, so far. (In the past we've only had green lasers.) ...
I am starting to really really like you ;) I enjoyed the site (read your bio). I wish :

1- I could attend one of your performances.
2- That you'd play Arnold Layne (my PF numero uno)

Keep up the good work!

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Portamental wrote:I wish :

1- I could attend one of your performances.
2- That you'd play Arnold Layne (my PF numero uno)
Hi Portamental,

I used to play Arnold Layne with my previous band, Pink Voyd, in Boston.
I'll see if I can find you a copy.

Until then here are uncut, unedited, live versions of Shine On and Dogs
with no overdubs:

Shine On

Dogs

:twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: